Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handyman Help

Options
  • 19-05-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

I couldn't find a recent solution to this, sorry if I missed it.

I am looking for a handyman. I have a shower tray that is leaking in the en-suite. The seal is perished at the bottom of the tile. Not sure if I need a tiler or a plumber? I tried the bathroom center in Balbriggan but they only seemed to be interested in refitting a whole new bathroom. So if anyone can let me know someone who can sort this, it would be greatly appreciated :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Could you not just seal it with some silicone yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Steady hand and its easily done. But if you want the name of a general handyman I'm happy to recommend the guy that lives behind me in Swords. Has helped me out a few times. http://www.bitsbobsoddjobs.ie/. his name is Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Could you not just seal it with some silicone yourself?

I did try, but the existing seal makes a chamfered edge where the tile meets the tray, probably 10mm high, so its not as simple as siliconing a right angle, if you get me.
    peteb2 wrote: »
    Steady hand and its easily done. But if you want the name of a general handyman I'm happy to recommend the guy that lives behind me in Swords. Has helped me out a few times. http://www.bitsbobsoddjobs.ie/. his name is Mark.

Thanks, I'll try him.

I'll also check out any other recommendations, if there's any. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CoolPerson

Hi Jimdagym,

I have a similar issue as yours, where I have a shower tray that is leaking in the en-suite. Not sure if I need a tiler or a plumber.

Can you please share your experience, who fixed your issue to your satisfaction and can you recommend the same person to me ?

Thanks in advance,

Advertisement