Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have any more info on this....

Options
  • 19-05-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

This was posted on the Billberry goat herd facebook page just wondering does anyone know whats going on

To the People of Waterford, Ireland, UK, America and Worldwide.

The Bilberry Goat Heritage Trust want to make it known that the Bilberry Goat Herd has been taken into possession by an individual for his own personal commercial use.

The Trust's volunteers have worked very hard for the Herd, down through the years, with help from the greater community through fundraising and donations. In fact, the Herd would not be here but for the Trust's great effort in caring for the animals in all weathers on Bilberry Rock

Our aim: to conserve the Herd for the people and for generations to come. The Herd faces its biggest THREAT yet.

The Trust asks all friend's of the Bilberry Goat Herd for their support and help at this difficult time.

Please share among your friends and make this plea for help go worldwide.

Pretty vague to say the least

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

So you could sat they've been Kid-napped ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Will wait to hear more and particularly who the individual is.
    Then I will not be surprised at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I really don't understand???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Think this might have stemmed from http://www.livingearth.ie/2014/program_public.htmll an event that was on yesterday link to discover ireland and the website http://www.bilberrygoats.com The Website bilberrygoats.com was only created jan this year and registrant Name: Gerry Moloney
    Registrant Organization: 
    Registrant Street: Tintean Enterprise Centre
    Registrant Street: Pollerton Big
    Registrant City: Carlow
    All found when a whois is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My eyes just vomited everywhere at that bilberry goats website O_O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

My eyes just vomited everywhere at that bilberry goats website O_O

I will admit to being worried when I saw a food section in the shop section:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Apparently Prospect Lodge has been sold and the goats come with the property. That's what I've heard, can't confirm it.

Is there anything we can do?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd imagine its hard to get special treatment for a species of goat who are not a protected species and Bilberry Rock is not a Natural Heritage Area under the Wildlife Act 2000. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilberry_goat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I could do with a goat or two in my 'meadow'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

The Lonely Goatherd, Maybe Julie Andrews bought them?

Just wondering if the goats are recognised and protected like how the Waterford blaa is, and if not how do we the people of Waterford go about getting them protected?

Advertisement