Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking and cycling

Options
  • 19-05-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, Could someone tell me how long it takes to cycle from St. Stephens Green to UCD?

Also is it easy to get car parking on campus over the summer, I heard it is a nightmare during the academic year.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lajoie

I'd guess 25-30mins.. depending your speed/traffic. I couldn't be certain though.

Parking (in my experience) is a lot easier in summer, but some spots are still pay-and-display so it's potentially expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Parking will be no issue during the summer. Maybe near the front due to 'park and ride' users but certainly on the campus as a whole you won't have a problem. Cycling I'm guessing 20 mins at a decent pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mr.disguise

I heard the gates close from something like 7am - 10:30am. Is it possible to drive into the campus and get parking during these times?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I heard the gates close from something like 7am - 10:30am. Is it possible to drive into the campus and get parking during these times?

You can but you can't circumnavigate the campus i.e. You can only access the front, Quinn school area or rear of the campus by their respective entrances. Same applies 4.30pm to 7 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mr.disguise

Thanks IronClaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

About 10 minutes on a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Should be no more than 15 minutes cycling. Easy enough to find a spot too, if you arrive early.

Advertisement