Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spare parts - Burner for a Malaga 4 Storage Water Heater

Options
  • 19-05-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

I have a Malaga 4 Storage Water Heater - Gas Model.
    The heater worked perfectly fine last year but is not working this year. Today, I took it to a Motorhome garage to get it checked over.

They told me that the heater is igniting fine but it is burning a big yellow flame that is extending up the exhaust pipe.
    They told me that it should be a blue flame and that it should not extend up the exhaust pipe as it is in danger of burning the external plastic housing.
    As it is now if the heater is used it is a hazard.

They mentioned that the heater needs a new burner, and possibly also a new injector assembly, and with these new part(s) installed should work fine again.

Anyone, an idea on where I'd get these spare parts? Any idea of prices?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    I have a Malaga 4 Storage Water Heater - Gas Model.
    The heater worked perfectly fine last year but is not working this year. Today, I took it to a Motorhome garage to get it checked over.

They told me that the heater is igniting fine but it is burning a big yellow flame that is extending up the exhaust pipe.
    They told me that it should be a blue flame and that it should not extend up the exhaust pipe as it is in danger of burning the external plastic housing.
    As it is now if the heater is used it is a hazard.

They mentioned that the heater needs a new burner, and possibly also a new injector assembly, and with these new part(s) installed should work fine again.

Anyone, an idea on where I'd get these spare parts? Any idea of prices?

Friend has an older one when we pulled out the burner it was a ball of rust. I'm sure Aidan_M_M will know more about your model.

http://www.propexleisure.co.uk/shop/malaga-burner-blade

http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/2011/08/fixing-malaga-3-hot-water-heater-ignitorburner/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I deal direct with Propex .

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

moodrater wrote: »
    Friend has an older one when we pulled out the burner it was a ball of rust. I'm sure Aidan_M_M will know more about your model.

http://www.propexleisure.co.uk/shop/malaga-burner-blade

http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/2011/08/fixing-malaga-3-hot-water-heater-ignitorburner/

Thanks alot moodrater for the link to the part and the instructions - I certainly won't be taking it on!
    Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I deal direct with Propex .

@ Aidan_M_M:
    Will this burner blade that moodrater linked above work on the Malaga 4 model?
    Is the injector assembly a separate part or included in the burner blade?
    Based on the problem description do you think this new burner blade will resolve the problem?
    How much will it cost / long will it take for you to bring in that part from Propex?

Thanks in advance.

@ Aidan_M_M: Just pm'd you on this if you could take a look - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

and replied to. Sorry My connection is woeful at home lately , I don't get online here as much these days , don't even have a Smart phone anymore which doesn't help!

• Advertisement

@Aidan_M_M: Replied to you there again at the gmail account. Thanks alot.

New Malaga burner blade installed and the Water Heater is working again. Thanks Aidan_M_M - appreciate it.

Advertisement