Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats ballyroe like

Options
  • 19-05-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My mothers looking to buy a cottage here. The price is great. The area looks great to me but 2 or 3 people have told her to steer well clear. I cant see it being a bad area but locals of athy told her other wise. Is this the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Cant say much about it? Friends stayed in Dollardstown House recently and found it to be excellent, really great stay there. They drove through Ballyroe to get there, seems like a nice small village. Other than that I can't really comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

shane27 wrote: »
    My mothers looking to buy a cottage here. The price is great. The area looks great to me but 2 or 3 people have told her to steer well clear. I cant see it being a bad area but locals of athy told her other wise. Is this the case?

I can't believe it can be that bad, it's only a crossroads with a school and a few houses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Avoid it would be my advice! Some lovely people there but some not so lovely. Unfortunately, the few not so lovely bring it down in my estimation.

Advertisement