Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryan Giggs Retires

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I didn't know Ryan Giggs retired from being a human, if I was him I'd choose to be a sloth. Cool fùckers sloths are

Wait hold on, what are you telling me Jim? He hasn't retired from being a human? He's just retired from being a professional football player? Thus the creation of this thread, in the soccer forum, about his football career? That's a bit too much to believe now Jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Agueroooo wrote: »
    lol....Its a discussion about Ryan Giggs.full stop

appraisal and assessment would be normal, no?

those trying to separate the 'off field' with the 'on field' is hilarious imo.

I think a lot of United fans feel ashamed of Giggs off the field indescretions. He was held up as a role model at the club and to have tarnished his image in the manner he did is enivetably going to follow any discussion about him.

I thought he was a very good player and I really liked the way he adjusted his game as he got older. Not the best player in the history of the premier league though, not by a long shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

has the OP, or anyone to that effect, said that the discussion is exclusively about Ryan Giggs the player, or is it about Ryan Giggs the person?

its going to be impossible to talk about the man and not mention his off field antics.

the same way if you discuss Suarez or Terry or any controversial figure.

It's a football forum. If your interested in his sex scandals, gossip forum that way --->

• Agueroooo wrote: »

No it's not 'Ryan Giggs Retires' clearly should relate to his professional soccer career which should be appraised and assessed.

Same if 'Ron Jeremy Retires' what would you discuss?

About how he failed at baking cupcakes?

Again unless he brought his brothers missus on the pitch in the middle of a match and gave her a good riding on the penalty spot then I can't see how it's up for discussion

This is gas craic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Its the fans trying to join the off field with the on field is not hilarious, but fairly pathetic.
    Fescue wrote: »
    I think a lot of United fans feel ashamed of Giggs off the field indescretions. He was held up as a role model at the club and to have tarnished his image in the manner he did is enivetably going to follow any discussion about him.

I thought he was a very good player and I really liked the way he adjusted his game as he got older. Not the best player in the history of the premier league though, not by a long shot.

United fans largely couldn't give a **** what Giggs does off the pitch. The discussion is about his footballing career.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

TheDoc wrote: »
    It's a football forum. If your interested in his sex scandals, gossip forum that way --->

who said I was interested in sex scandals?

my point is that its impossible to discuss any player and not involve a discussion about them as a person...that is all

as others have pointed out its also a bit hypocritical to talk in glowing terms about other players both on and off the field, but certain players its only the 'on field' stuff that is relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The discussion is about Giggs. Some say he is a legend, others don't. For me his off-field behaviour would be used to judge whether he is a legend or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

GOAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Let's just take a moment here to clarify

On pitch
    Ryan_Giggs_vs_MLS_All_Stars_2010.jpg

Off pitch
    article-0-1688ED3A000005DC-943_634x937.jpg

On pitch
    ZZ23432.jpg

Off pitch
    article-1339930-0C88B116000005DC-280_306x596.jpg

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Its the fans trying to join the off field with the on field is not hilarious, but fairly pathetic.

United fans largely couldn't give a **** what Giggs does off the pitch. The discussion is about his footballing career.

I dare say United fans felt a little let down when they heard what Giggs had been up to know? I think thats a natural human reaction.

I don't think it detracts one iota from his footballing career but its enivatable it will pop up in any discussion about him. Which it has.

When Terry retires his indescretions will be discussed and I have no doubt all of you protesting now will have plenty to say about it also.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Do you know what else is hilarious too?

yes, this
    Best of luck to him, I'm out of here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No matter what is said about his personal life i am sure those commenting are perfect...

He is a legend end of. He has as many medals as i have hairs on my balls and that says something as im a hairy gorilla. Was a pleasure to watch his playing career from start to finish... jealousy of giggs and bitter lemons is great reading altogether

On a serious note lads who here has a right to comment on his personal life? Those with the dont buy the sun banners probably read about him riding his bros missus in you guessed it the sun or the mail :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

predictable in the sense that of course Giggs riding was going to be discussed!?

impossible to prevent and unfair to label it on certain posters.

It's a soccer forum, a thread is created to acknowledge his distinguished career and a load of people take the opportunity to sh*t on it for reasons that aren't soccer related. If he was a prick on the pitch I'd understand but hey not like you would be getting bothered by it if it was a Liverpool player eh? never one to shy away from a bit of outrage, in this guise or your last...

BMMachine wrote: »
    yes, this

What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment, if that keeps you laughing then fill your boots.

It's a soccer forum, a thread is created to acknowledge his distinguished career and a load of people take the opportunity to sh*t on it for reasons that aren't soccer related. If he was a prick in the pitch I'd understand but hey not like you would be getting bothered by it if it was a Liverpool player eh? never one to shy away from a bit of outrage, in this guise or your last...

:pac:....have I touched a nerve?

I would fully expect any player to be discussed in full. I just find it funny trying to not, or keep out, the discussion about the person as a whole.

that is all.

I see it tickles some fancies around here and make up some stuff like quick head over to the Giggs thread 'and watching Liverpool fans make fools of themselves'<..childish in the extreme.
    when for me its nothing of the sort

• Advertisement

It's a soccer forum, a thread is created to acknowledge his distinguished career and a load of people take the opportunity to sh*t on it for reasons that aren't soccer related. If he was a prick in the pitch I'd understand but hey not like you would be getting bothered by it if it was a Liverpool player eh? never one to shy away from a bit of outrage, in this guise or your last...

I know I haven't been posting here too long but I would have assumed that is exactly how a soccer forum works.

I know I haven't been posting here too long but I would have assumed that is exactly how a soccer forum works.

You'll get used to it.

good healthy debate when it suits some and when it doesn't out comes the
    but hey not like you would be getting bothered by it if it was a Liverpool player eh? never one to shy away from a bit of outrage,

pathetic:D

You would think that but try talking about Suarez racism stuff in any thread here and see how long you last...

You would think that but try talking about Suarez racism stuff in any thread here and see how long you last...

hattrick!:pac:

Alot of the discussion re giggs personal life here is disgusting tbh....

This doesnt slip now... :P

• Advertisement

pathetic:D

Pathetic? LOL. Hurt your feelings?

Alot of the discussion re giggs personal life here is disgusting tbh....

This doesnt slip now... :P

there is an adult debate going on here if you dont mind.

there is an adult debate going on here if you dont mind.

Really what i am reading is tripe and bile through this thread. Adult discussion me arse

Yeah it's my fault because I predicted the retarded comments, what a f*cking stupid thing to say.

Nobody said it was your fault. Stop making stuff up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No right to comment on giggs personal life. Your right no one said a bad word about Gerrard with the dj thing or remember the outrage with the fake picture of Suarez not signing an autograph for a young fella.

Really what i am reading is tripe and bile through this thread. Adult discussion me arse

join in then and turn it into the mature debate you desire.

but please I really do not want to hear about your hairy balls again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

niallo27 wrote: »
    No right to comment on giggs personal life. Your right no one said a bad word about Gerrard with the dj thing or remember the outrage with the fake picture of Suarez not signing an autograph for a young fella.

There not United players though, so they don't count.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Nobody said it was your fault. Stop making stuff up.

You tried to make out it was me that brought it up when you know full well I was predicting what was coming.

You tried to make out it was me that brought it up when you know full well I was predicting what was coming.

I said it was you that mentioned his brother first in post 2. That's all. You got all defensive then. I wouldn't bother get do worked up over an Internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Can spent more time with the brothers wife now,:cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement