Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet bargains

Options
  • 19-05-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a tablet to use purely for photos. My plan is to photograph my entire family collection of old photos, edit them and put them onto memory cards for my siblings. Anyone spot anything suitable ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

You need a PC and a scanner, a tablet is totally unsuitable for this job. Scanners are considerably cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

sdeire wrote: »
    You need a PC and a scanner, a tablet is totally unsuitable for this job. Scanners are considerably cheaper too.

Thanks sdeire, I thought I could find an easy way. Scanning is just SO slow. No easy way around it though I suppose.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lfcmayo

Hi,

Just saw your post and maybe im wrong but im thinking you are trying to scan pics using a printer/scanner at home?

There are hand held scanners and or Apps for smart phones that allow you so the same thing
    wirelessly if you have a look on google or google playstore or iphone Apps.

Might be able to help you if i knew what equipment you are using.

Hope that helps

lfcmayo wrote: »
    Hi,

Just saw your post and maybe im wrong but im thinking you are trying to scan pics using a printer/scanner at home?

There are hand held scanners and or Apps for smart phones that allow you so the same thing
    wirelessly if you have a look on google or google playstore or iphone Apps.

Might be able to help you if i knew what equipment you are using.

Hope that helps
    Thanks for responding. I have a lifetime of photos that were in my parents house that I want to digitalise and be able to share with the rest of the family. I thought that a tablet might be a handy way of doing it. My plan was to buy a tablet, photograph, edit all the photos and stick the digitalsied collection onto memory cards for my siblings. It's not something I plan to do in a day but I'd do a few whenever I had a spare hour or so.
    I have previously done similar things with a scanner but it takes forever. Phonewise I'm using a S4 which has a fairly decent camera. I like the idea of a scanning app

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lfcmayo

Hi,

Go to google playstore on your S4 and type 'photo scanner' into search...
    it will give you CamScanner in the results.
    Download that and install it and see how you get on as its a good starting point.

There are many more out there but this one should do the trick for you.

Best of luck

• Advertisement

Thanks a million, I'll give that a go. Cheers !

Advertisement