Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to view videos from PC to TV?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

What is the best way I can view videos and movies from my PC onto my TV without actually having to move my PC to connect it to the TV with a HDMI cable?? I've got many HD movies on my PC that only VLC player will properly play so if I wanna stream that on my TV what would be the best way to do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Do you have a network socket/WiFi at the desktop and at the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I think I do...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I think I do...

Take a look at this so

http://www.sunzhongkui.me/build-network-projector-with-raspberrypi/

That is probably the cheapest way around it. It would be a good idea to install ssh on the Raspberry Pi and use PuTTY rather than having to switch keyboard and mouse constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Mr. G wrote: »
    Take a look at this so

http://www.sunzhongkui.me/build-network-projector-with-raspberrypi/

That is probably the cheapest way around it. It would be a good idea to install ssh on the Raspberry Pi and use PuTTY rather than having to switch keyboard and mouse constantly.

That looks very interesting! I always wanted to do something with the Rasberry Pi and this looks like the best project! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭bikeblue

If you install OpenElec on your raspberry pi, you can pick your movies using your tv remote controll.

Look for openelec.tv

Openelec also has a plugin for RTE player

• Advertisement
Advertisement