Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Flights from Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton?????

Options
  • 19-05-2014 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

I know that West jet are starting flights from the east coast this summer June 15th I think. And there more expensive then Aer lingus.

But does anyone know of any other Airlines that will be starting direct flights to Ireland from BC, Alberta or Saskatchewan in the near future????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Kippure wrote: »
    I know that West jet are starting flights from the east coast this summer June 15th I think. And there more expensive then Aer lingus.

But does anyone know of any other Airlines that will be starting direct flights to Ireland from BC, Alberta or Saskatchewan in the near future????

I could certainly see WestJet doing it via St. Johns, there prices are only higher than Aer Lingus' because they literally sold out there Summer economy programme relatively quickly, which is a very good sign for consumers. Edmonton would be a favourite of mine to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭jiminho

A direct flight from Calgary can't come soon enough. Really surprised there's not one yet!!! would make my life a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Hey my wife is looking to go home for a week in Feb but wondering is it best to book a flight now or wait closer to the time price wise

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭jiminho

MarkJD wrote: »
    Hey my wife is looking to go home for a week in Feb but wondering is it best to book a flight now or wait closer to the time price wise

I would book as far in advance as possible. I've had many friends who've got seriously, seriously burned by leaving it too late.

On another note, anyone who is living in Calgary might know that the airport is currently having a major expansion of their international terminal and it is my understanding that Aer Lingus will be providing direct flights from Ireland to Calgary when this expansion is opened; currently set at 18 months.

Advertisement