Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psoriasis cure

Options
  • 19-05-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a cure for psoriasis in the Donegal or surrounding areas?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

ive been using "apple cider vinegar " bought from holland and barrets this last week or so .. it can be bought from any decent big foodstore id guess . & whilst not curing it (yet) ive definitely felt a big improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

dunna wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a cure for psoriasis in the Donegal or surrounding areas?

Many Thanks.
    As with any medical condition your first port of call should be your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

muffler wrote: »

Agreed, I had it real bad a few years ago and got stuff in the docs that was amazing.

Might be worth telling them stuff like what you use in the washing, or in the shower too. I switched washing powder brands and type and also changed shampoo (johnsons no more tears now) as thats not as harsh on the skin and now its not even noticable.

Aveeno moisturiser is quite good too and thats based on oats and water pretty much

muffler wrote: »

I went to the doctor he gave me a lotion (the name escapes me) it was like a wonder cure, for the first time in years i was psoriasis-free, then went back a few months later for another prescription only to be told they couldnt keep giving me it as it cost them (HSE) €50 for a bottle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    I went to the doctor he gave me a lotion (the name escapes me) it was like a wonder cure, for the first time in years i was psoriasis-free, then went back a few months later for another prescription only to be told they couldnt keep giving me it as it cost them (HSE) €50 for a bottle :(

Don't suppose it was in a white sqeezy bottle with a red top?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How is the hardness of your water?

Apparently hard water can make these skin conditions worse.

danniemcq wrote: »
    Don't suppose it was in a white sqeezy bottle with a red top?

that was exactly the one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dovobet/Xamiol are what I use as prescribed by doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

First off this is in the wrong forum. There's a specific thread on this in the long term illness forum.
    The short answer is there is no cure, the key with psoriasis is long term management. You need to see your GP and be referred to a dermatologist if needed.
    Your GP will prescribe Dovobet. Take a look at the thread on the LTI forum and get some better advice.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    First off this is in the wrong forum.
    When the OP asks "Does anyone know of a cure for psoriasis in the Donegal or surrounding areas" its in the correct forum. Cheers :)

• Advertisement

I didn't read the post properly but the answer is still No!
    Anyway here's a link to the Psoriasis thread over in the LTI forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055355875

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Anyway here's a link to the Psoriasis thread over in the LTI forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055355875

Because you are someone who hasn't posted in the Donegal forum before just a wee point for ya, I'd hazard a guess that "the cure" that the OP is looking for isn't the same cure your pointing them towards...

IMO the thread is very relevant.

Because you are someone who hasn't posted in the Donegal forum before just a wee point for ya, I'd hazard a guess that "the cure" that the OP is looking for isn't the same cure your pointing them towards...

IMO the thread is very relevant.

I'm a psoriasis sufferer and I just happened to see this thread in recent posts on the homepage.

Mod hat on: Just drop the back seat modding. You dont get to decide what happens in this forum. We can leave it at that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Hi Dunna being a sufferer myself for many years and got a bottle of stuff from a friend of my sister who lives in Donegal it was a clear liquid ( not poteen ) I think it was called bogbine open to correction, had to drink a litre of it over a week or 10 days it was the damdest stuff i ever drank smelt like something someone would puke after 12 pints but I thought it would be worth it but it wasn't may be it works for some and not everyone. I think if you drink plenty of water it helps and agree the aveeno creams are very good also use Eucerin cream 5% urea at night its a wee bit greasy for daytime I deal with public have it on face I get qweer looks sometimes, even get asked if im sunburnt ( in Feburary ) best of look let us know if you get a cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

Cleavers Tincture.

You can get it at Natures Way in Letterkenny, or any registered herbalist. You would be better to consult a herbalist first maybe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

Is psoriasis also known by the old name of "the Rose"?

If so, then I have an old cure for it.

I've a feeling that the proper term for "The Rose" is "psoriosis rosea", though!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Hi , your best bet for treatment is light treatment in the hospitals , there's a fancy name for it but at moment I can't think of it photo - something I think it is.,.
    Forget about dove bet - or tar treatment /
    Get " simple barrier cream : go out in the sun , and get the light treatment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Dr. Fell

Old Charlie Fuller in Glencolmcille had a herbal cure which was supposed to be very successful. Charlie died last year but i believe the cure was passed down to the sons so William Fuller Drimroe Glencolmcille might be worth looking up.

Advertisement