Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repaired handle knock off 30% of the value

• 19-05-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Dear list,

I bought a 19th silver jug over internet that noticed the handle is repaired crudely. The photo and description did not mention the repair. So I got onto the seller and he suggested to give me a partial refund. I'm not sure what is fair for the discount. And he did not make any suggestion either.

The handle in fact, is not original, given it has complete different motif. The welding is done very crudely, with the media between the handle and jug is different color and thick. The jug with the handle weights 430g, the price I paid is 2 euro/gram.

I'm thinking of asking a discount of 30%, is it fair or not?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jen
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Did you buy it from a dealer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jenxie

I bought from a dealer on Ebay. Looking at his collection, he sells general antiques.
    The photo did not show the handle very well. He probably did not think the handle was not original.

Jen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

By the sounds of the condition you are describing and after paying €2 per gram you are better off sending it back for a full refund

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jenxie

Thank you Anthony, it is more complicated in a way that the jug comes in with a set, there are other cups and a tray. I'm pretty happy with the cups and the tray. In fact, for display, I can turn the handle inside. As long as I get a fair knock off the price, based on its condition, I should be happy. That is the reason for the post, that I want to be fair for the seller and also myself. I did pay for the set as it was 100%.

There are always repaired silver and they do have their value. Is there a common rule of its impact on the price?

Thanks and Regards,

Jen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

No common rule , I think you and the vendor are being quite fair !

• Advertisement
Advertisement