Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do first time buyers on Primetime get 400k? What jobs have they? Is it staged?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Geuze wrote: »
    Lies, damn lies and statistics. :)

Both figures could feasibly be true depending on whether you're quoting earning figures just for PAYE employees, earnings for PAYE and non-PAYE workers, or income for all people regardless of employment status.

Of course, for the purpose of talking about mortgages, we're not really interested in the incomes of unemployed people since they won't be purchasing property.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

seamus wrote: »
    Lies, damn lies and statistics. :)

Both figures could feasibly be true depending on whether you're quoting earning figures just for PAYE employees, earnings for PAYE and non-PAYE workers, or income for all people regardless of employment status.

Of course, for the purpose of talking about mortgages, we're not really interested in the incomes of unemployed people since they won't be purchasing property.

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/elcq/earningsandlabourcostsq32013finalq42013preliminaryestimates/#.U34RJvldWSo

From what I read here, it's just employed workers that are inclded in the earnings data.

Self-employed don't seem to be included.

Obviously unemployed aren't included in earnings data.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

seamus wrote: »

Yes, indeed, the incomes of people about to buy houses will tend to be well above these averages.

The income of people buying houses in SCD, as in the TV show, will be higher again.

But I still think 500k for a semi in Dundrum is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Geuze wrote: »

But I still think 500k for a semi in Dundrum is crazy.

I agree but seems most people are fvcking morons with a sheep mentality and have learned nothing over the past 10 years.

Advertisement