Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Port problem with Windows 7

Options
  • 19-05-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I switched from Windows 8.1 down to Windows 7 today because I didn't like Windows 8.1. But anyway, I downgraded ok and the only problem I have now is that my USB 3.0 ports don't seem to work. None of them. I checked all the connections in my motherboard and everything is connected. What could the problem be guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Lundar.

sounds like a driver issue, usb3 usually have a separate motherboard driver

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Check in Device Manager ( Windows Key + Pause/Break together, click on Device Manager on the left) and see if there's anything with an exclamation mark. If there is, you'll need the driver for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Windows 7 doesn't support USB 3 out of the box, you'll need to first make sure Windows 7 is completely up to date, and then find a USB 3 driver from your motherboard manufacturer.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Had the exact same problem when i downgraded the G/F's Laptop.

You may not be able to get windows 7 drivers for the USB ports, But try and install the Windows 8 Drivers for 7 seemed to work for hers

Advertisement