Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to study in Cork City?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Anywhere to study in Cork City, asides from UCC library, because I'm not a student. I don't want to study at home over the summer, so I need somewhere in town, preferably somewhere with science books, but not necessary. What's the actual city library like for study?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

julietblue wrote: »
    Anywhere to study in Cork City, asides from UCC library, because I'm not a student. I don't want to study at home over the summer, so I need somewhere in town, preferably somewhere with science books, but not necessary. What's the actual city library like for study?

I know you say not UCC but if you find nothing else you can join for €30 for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 julietblue

I know you say not UCC but if you find nothing else you can join for €30 for 3 months.

You can do that? I did not know that...
    But it would probably be easier just to borrow someone else's student card, I know lots of people that do study there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 conorwalsh222

You can study in the Cork library on Grand Parade, only open till 5.30 tho I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

Waterstones is very quiet and has loads of science books.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dobz95

Cork City Library on the Grand Parade or Douglas Library

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

BUMP

Does anyone know if Cork City library has wifi and plugs for your laptop?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

nuts86 wrote: »
    BUMP

Does anyone know if Cork City library has wifi and plugs for your laptop?

Thanks

Yes and Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Sorry for the BUMP

Does anybody know somewhere that's open to study on a Sunday? UCC Library and the City Library both close. I'm useless at studying at home.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

There's still loads of rooms open on UCC campus. Your best bet is to try the lecture theatres and see which ones are open. Wifi is campus wide, power points will depend on a room to room basis.

Advertisement