Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend got DJI Phantom 2

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Sorry but I laughed so hard at this. As well as the RTH being set, some kind of a GPS tracker might be possible no?

The Phantom 3 has an app for a phone/tablet that will tell you where it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Nedved - Loved your youtube vids. Whats the video app you are using for editing ?

I assume your shooting in 4k ?

Sorry but I laughed so hard at this. As well as the RTH being set, some kind of a GPS tracker might be possible no?

I also found it very funny

s8n wrote: »
    Nedved - Loved your youtube vids. Whats the video app you are using for editing ?

I assume your shooting in 4k ?

Ya shooting in 4K - Using Adobe Premiere pro to edit the videos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Are there any affordable 4K 60FPS compact cameras that'd be able to fit on quadcopters like these yet? I'm basically holding off on getting one until that's available without costing multiple thousands

• Advertisement

You'll be waiting another year for 4k60 I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Not too bad. That'll just be the perfect video setup I think, depending on what you're recording it could look absolutely amazing for people viewing it at home on PCs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Superbar wrote: »
    Can i just advise everyone who is thinking of getting one to make sure you do one thing and not be a stupid idiot like me!!! When you get your copter set the Return To Home destination immediately. I had mine two days and was so hooked i got so carried away, thought i had the RTH set but didn't, I upped the range to 500m lost connection and off she went heading back to the original RTH destination...CHINA!!!!! Still yet to find it, given that it had about 4 mins of battery its possibly anywhere within a 3.5km radius. Finding it very hard to commit to another one.

Isn't home lcoation set just after it acquires all necessary satellites - lights quickly fire green.

I picked the phantom 3 up. What a piece of kit, a joy to fly and capture footage with.

I picked the phantom 3 up. What a piece of kit, a joy to fly and capture footage with.

Any pics ? :D

• Advertisement

Any pics ? :D

Of the phantom itself ?

Of the phantom itself ?

Yep and of her doing some flying !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭thatslife

Hey, bought a phantom 2 vision plus couple of days ago. Some job. The quality of video is unreal. Couple of questions;
    - Can i post videos on youtube of my flights or is this seen as commercial use?
    - Has anyone went and got a licence for flying these, whats the costs involved to be legit?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

thatslife wrote: »
    - Has anyone went and got a licence for flying these, whats the costs involved to be legit?

€750 to do the course and €1200 per annum licence fee!

You need a license only to fly or film in public areas but not in areas with no people out of town ?

€750 to do the course and €1200 per annum licence fee!

1200 per annum is nuts.

It's not really if photography is your living, you could make a lot of money, you can do a lot of really cool things with the drones !

+ it helps stop muppets flying them in public areas getting attention and eventually hurting someone and getting them banned altogether !

Its a hefty enough fee per annum though even making a living off the drone. For me its purely recreational. I'm wondering what my limitations are with regard to making videos and posting on youtube.

I don't think there are any issues posting videos on youtube as long as your not including footage of flying in public areas, towns etc you'd be fine.

Advertisement