Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix DVD player

• 20-05-2014 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm looking to buy a DVD player that will allow me connect to Netflix with wifi. Any suggestions for a good cheap one? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

danois wrote: »
    Hi. I'm looking to buy a DVD player that will allow me connect to Netflix with wifi. Any suggestions for a good cheap one? TIA

Sony Blue ray/Dvd player with wifi and netflix (bdp5200) €139. With out wifi Samsung or Sony do one about €70/€80
    Dvd playes don't support netflix because of copy protection

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

akaSol wrote: »
    Dvd playes don't support netflix because of copy protection

I think it's more to do with the fact that DVD players these days are at the lower end of the price range and so typically do not support 'Smart TV' functionality like YouTube, Netflix etc. so you really have to go for Blu-Ray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭catfax

Or get a second hand PS3 if you can find one cheap enough, it's Netflix implementation is typically a lot better than whats on smart BD boxes as it has much better hardware CPU/GPU wise so you get a slicker interface.

Get the Bluetooth DVD/BD remote for it and just use it for those features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't get a notification there had been any replies to this sorry it took so long to get back to you.

I went out to buy a smart bluray player and came home with a sony smart tv!!

So I have netflix sorted, if I could figure out a way to watch the USA netflixs on the tv I'd be sorted.

I knew it was on xbox but didn't realise it was on ps3. Thanks for that :)

Advertisement