Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poldark - BBC

2»

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Darn it missed that. Back at £4.74 today

I got all 12. Pure smug as I always miss the Amazon deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Be still my beating heart.........

Ross Poldark returns tomorrow night, Sunday, 11th June for nine episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Be still my beating heart.........

Ross Poldark returns tomorrow night, Sunday, 11th June for nine episodes.

Yummy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

The fourth season starts on BBC One on Sunday June 10th at 9pm

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I was hoping it wouldn't be starting this Sunday as I would miss it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. I have just finished watching season 1 and 2 of Poldark on netflix. I believe that season 4 is on tv now but how do I get season 3?
    or when will netflix have season 3 and 4

cheers and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

gubby wrote: »
    Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. I have just finished watching season 1 and 2 of Poldark on netflix. I believe that season 4 is on tv now but how do I get season 3?
    or when will netflix have season 3 and 4

cheers and thanks

Any luck findin Series 3? Just finished Series 2 & I'm in severe withdrawal here. I need my Ross-Fix.... Can anyone help?

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Anyone still watching this? I've binged all three and a half series over the last week, I know it's full of cliches and melodrama but I love it. It's gorgeous to look at (really want to visit Cornwall) and I love the music too. The one thing thats bothering me this season is the new Jeremy, I can't figure out what age he's supposed to be now. Valentine looks about 6 which would put Jeremy at maybe 12/13? He looks about 16/17 though.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Anyone still watching this? I've binged all three and a half series over the last week, I know it's full of cliches and melodrama but I love it. It's gorgeous to look at (really want to visit Cornwall) and I love the music too. The one thing thats bothering me this season is the new Jeremy, I can't figure out what age he's supposed to be now. Valentine looks about 6 which would put Jeremy at maybe 12/13? He looks about 16/17 though.
    I've been watching it since series one. I agree full of clichés etc but seems to staying true to the novels by Winston graham and I'm enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I've been watching it since series one. I agree full of clichés etc but seems to staying true to the novels by Winston graham and I'm enjoying it.

With any other show I'd be rolling my eyes and tutting at all the last minute reprieves and convenient solutions to Ross's woes but it really doesn't bother me here.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    With any other show I'd be rolling my eyes and tutting at all the last minute reprieves and convenient solutions to Ross's woes but it really doesn't bother me here.

His character is really too good to be true but I liked the flawed character of Francis Poldark and also the baddie George Warleggan together with the vicar who are still in the series. never could warm though to the actress who plays Demelza. don't think she's feisty enough but then again I'm comparing her to actress who played her in the original series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Lads, Where are ye watching Series Three? This is an emergency. I need to get to Series Three. Help....

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

brian_t wrote: »
    Poldark (The fifth and final season) starts on BBC One on Sunday July 14th at 9pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Poldark is an hour earlier next Sunday at 8pm.

The final episode (the Last-ever episode) is on next Monday at 8.30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Sob Sob... I cant believe that is the last ever!!! what about Valentine? and the new baby? and Jeffrey Charles? It just cant be the end!! and John Cohen? NO NO NO... its wide open for another season surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just finished a month long binge of the entire run of this on Netflix with Mrs Sleepy last night. I enjoyed it far more than I ever thought I would.

I know it's based on a series of novels and am curious: do they continue to focus on Ross as the primary character? He seemed to be ageing out of the derring do and had become pretty successful by the end whereas young Jeffrey Charles seemed an obvious lead for a new story since he finished the story in exactly the position Ross was at the start: orphaned and "penniless" with nothing but an old family name and a large country estate...

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Sleepy wrote: »
    Just finished a month long binge of the entire run of this on Netflix with Mrs Sleepy last night. I enjoyed it far more than I ever thought I would.

I know it's based on a series of novels and am curious: do they continue to focus on Ross as the primary character? He seemed to be ageing out of the derring do and had become pretty successful by the end whereas young Jeffrey Charles seemed an obvious lead for a new story since he finished the story in exactly the position Ross was at the start: orphaned and "penniless" with nothing but an old family name and a large country estate...
    I think I've one or two more books to go but as far as I can remember the last few books focus more on the next generation's characters - his children and grandchildren.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pink Fox

Leonardo, 8 part mini series, starring Aidan Turner as Leonardo da Vinci, starting on Amazon Prime on April 16. 2 episodes per night for four nights. Looks spectacular, series 2 already announced, has been taken up by 120 countries so far. Can't wait.

• Advertisement

It is starting at 9pm Monday on VM3

Advertisement