Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move Query(again)

Options
  • 20-05-2014 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Account number <snip>

I moved out of the property in Decemer. I moved into a new property in mid-february and the existing EI account was transferred to my name. I explained to the guy on the phone I was moving and asked that the old account be moved to the new tenant at that address. The agent assured me that all was fine and that the new tenants could ring up, quote the account number and they would take over the account.

A few weeks later I got a bill for the above account number for the old address but the bill came to my new address. I thought it was the last one so I paid it, and texted the new tenant in my old address that I got my last bill.

However, the next bill also came to me. I rang the new tenant and they said they had rung up EI to get the account moved over to their name but were told they could not make changes to the account as they were not the account holders. I rang up again, repeated that I had moved, gave the name of the new tenant and said they would be ringing up to get the account moved into their name and was told that would be fine and it would happen smoothly. I then made arrangements with the new tenant to transfer me the money for the bill, so I wouldnt be out of pocket.

The Direct debit went through and withdrew the money from my account, and 3 days later the money reappeared in my account with a 10 debit for a returned DD. A day or two later the new tenants money arrived in my account and I paid the bill off using my debit card.

I then got a letter from EI regarding this account saying the money had been returned and as a result, they wanted me to put down a 300 euro deposit. I had already paid the bill at this point. I really don't want to put down a deposit on an account I don't need nor want and that should have passed to the new tenant as swiftly and as easily as the account for my new appartment passed to me.

Today I get another intimidating letter reminding me that they have asked me to either set up a direct debit or put down a 300 euro deposit. I already have a direct debit. I dont want to put down a deposit on an account I neither want nor need. I want this account to be passed over to the new tenant.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this account moved?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Syklops,

Thank you for getting in touch. To advise you about this, we'd need to take a look at your account. Could you please PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number? Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement