Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Laptop doesn't recognize my iPhone 4s.

• 20-05-2014 8:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

I just bought a 4s yesterday and connected it to my laptop but the laptop doesn't recognize it. It makes the sound that something is connected but my iPhone doesn't charge and isn't showing in iTunes. I know its not the usb cable as I'm charging my 4s at the moment from a power socket.

I googled it and found that I had to update my apple mobile device driver. I tried this but got an error message saying Access Denied. I couldn't find any solution for that and the phone is still not being recognized.

Can anyone help as I can't put music or anything onto my phone.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What OS are you running, do you have the latest version of itunes installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Latest version of itunes and my iOS 7 is up to date as of yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Might be the cable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

IF you dont mind loosing data on the iPhone, turn it off, hold the home button and then plug it into your laptop. it will show a message to connect to itunes, itunes should launch itself and see if it installs then and do a complete restore of the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

So the same cable charges the phone from a plug but not from your laptop? That seems more like a problem with your laptop, did you try a different USB port? After that I'd try a different cable before trying the other solutions suggested. Is it a new iPhone?

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    IF you dont mind loosing data on the iPhone, turn it off, hold the home button and then plug it into your laptop. it will show a message to connect to itunes, itunes should launch itself and see if it installs then and do a complete restore of the phone.

I'll try this now.
    flyguy wrote: »
    So the same cable charges the phone from a plug but not from your laptop? That seems more like a problem with your laptop, did you try a different USB port? After that I'd try a different cable before trying the other solutions suggested. Is it a new iPhone?

Yeah I tried all 3 usb ports and 2 apple cables and nothing worked. My brother's ipod touch is recognized though.

Its a refurbished model.

jonny24ie wrote: »

Trying this now and I connected to itunes but still no sign of the iphone and it says connect to itunes on the screen of the phone still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I would try and connect it to iTunes on a different laptop/pc, just to rule out a problem with yours. If that doesn't work I think it's time to call apple support...

Advertisement