Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smily face on ovulation test

Options
  • 20-05-2014 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Ok so me and hubby now ttc

Just literally done an ovulation test and got the smiley face :) however hubby has work meetings and is down country until friday :( so i am too late ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Just literally done an ovulation test and got the smiley face :) however hubby has work meetings and is down country until friday :( so i am too late ?

Did you have sex in the past 3 days? Then you could be fine but if not and you can't until Friday then yes you're too late unfortanately.

Ideally you want to have sex at least once 3 days before you get the smiley and then once a day for 2-3 days after smiley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Is it a flashing smiley face or a smiley face only? If its flashing (basing this on my own use of the Clear Blue OPKs) then your surge is building for a few days (this icon will appear on the test) and then when its at its peak you will be a still smiley face that stays put for 24 hours or so.

If you got a still smiley face then you're at your peak now and if you haven't had sex recently (last 3 days) then you're going to miss the window of opportunity I'm afaid.

In January when I thought I was coming close to my ovulation time I used my OPK and got a still smiley face on the first day. I was a bit shocked as I thought I was only coming up to a surge. Did the deed that morning even though we'd had a bit of a fight already (:o) and thought no more about it. I was convinved we'd missed the window.
    Did a test at the end of January and lo and behold I was pregnant! At my scans the doctors have said I am 4 / 5 days further along in the pregnancy than my own dates said. I must have actually ovulated a bit earlier than I thought and we'd had sex a few days before I used the OPK and got the smiley face.
    I think that was when the conception occurred.
    Good luck to you. :)

Advertisement