If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV for ~ €2000

Options
  • 20-05-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi guys

You sorted me out last year for a the VT50" Panasonic which I must say I am delighted with! Now it's time for my parents to upgrade and wondering what, in your opinion, would be a good tv in the same price range +/- €2000.

I am easy on what type of display the tv would have but it does need to a Smart TV (I assume at this price all would have smart capabilities anyway).

Also if there are any good cheaper options I could stump up for a Soundbar to make up the difference so if you could suggest an option here that would be great too.

Look forward to hearing back from you and thanks again for last time!!

Mr. TTime

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mr. TTime wrote: »
    Hi guys

You sorted me out last year for a the VT50" Panasonic which I must say I am delighted with! Now it's time for my parents to upgrade and wondering what, in your opinion, would be a good tv in the same price range +/- €2000.

I am easy on what type of display the tv would have but it does need to a Smart TV (I assume at this price all would have smart capabilities anyway).

Also if there are any good cheaper options I could stump up for a Soundbar to make up the difference so if you could suggest an option here that would be great too.

Look forward to hearing back from you and thanks again for last time!!

Mr. TTime
    Mr TT,

apologies for the delay getting back to you and thanks for the opportunity to quote - what size are you looking for - as soon as you give us an idea we will sharpen our pencils and revert!

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Oops sorry I thought I had!

Around the 50" mark again would be ideal.

Thanks

Oops sorry I thought I had!

Around the 50" mark again would be ideal.

Thanks
    No problem and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

€2K for a 50", Nice!, you will get a really nice TV for that ( and a great soundbar as well!)

If you wanted to go 4K Ultra High Definition - we can do the spanking new LG UE49UB850V which is £1499.95 / €1799.99 have a look here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/49ub850v/lg-49ub850v

If you wanted to stay with Panasonic ( and I would!) we have the TX50AS650 at £1079.95 / €1349.99 which is just out and a pretty amazing TV ( and you can claim £100 cash back from Panasonic as well!)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx50as650b/pana-tx50as650

- if you stretched the budget ( a bit I'll agree) then you could get the Brand new Panasonic TX50AX802 4K Ultra HD TV at £2099.95 / €2499.99, and again there is an additional £100 cash back from Panasonic. I won't go into the full spec list, but it's beautiful and it does completely everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx50ax802b/pana-tx50ax802b

On the samsung front there isn't a lot around at the 50" mark ( they tend to be either 48" or 55")..

Have a browse and if any of these are interesting drop us a line and I'll pop together a TV/Soundbar package for you..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Hi John

Sorry for the delay - the old man didn't wait for me to get back to him and he ended up buying the Panasonic TX50AX802 here in Limerick - can't say I'm too disappointed with his acquisition but we might have saved a bit had we gone with you. Looking forward to setting up that bad boy!

Thanks for all your help though and will be back to you soon for my own personal stuff.

TTime

Hi John

Sorry for the delay - the old man didn't wait for me to get back to him and he ended up buying the Panasonic TX50AX802 here in Limerick - can't say I'm too disappointed with his acquisition but we might have saved a bit had we gone with you. Looking forward to setting up that bad boy!

Thanks for all your help though and will be back to you soon for my own personal stuff.

TTime
    No problem - hopefully he enjoys it and again hopefully we can catch you on the next purchase,

Thanks for the posts,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.