Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparently eircom can't find my order??

Options
  • 20-05-2014 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I ordered the eFibre unlimited bundle on Friday and contacted eircom yesterday and today to try to get information on when the installation will be etc.
    I've dealt with 3 or 4 people at this stage and apparently they cannot find my order even though the agent I was chatting to on Friday stayed on the live chat until the order went through and confirmed that it had. I also got an order update email saying "thank you for choosing eircom..." etc.

Yesterday, I was told to get back to them today as it wasn't "set up" on their system. I contacted them today and they still couldn't find it so passed me back to sales who also couldn't find it and wanted me to re-order but advised that I could be waiting 5 working days from today as it would be a new order! What a joke. Can any of the eircom reps here try to locate this order, please?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Unfortunately for you, there's another person on boards who ordered fibre more than 2 months ago. Engineer never arrived on the day despite Eircom having the order in their system. After 2 months, Eircom's solution was to re-submit an order. They don't seem to care. Don't worry you'll get about 20 "I'm sorry" posts from the reps with promises to do more, but it will be a long journey.

If you want my advice, tell Eircom to stuff it. VF for eg will offer you a cheaper deal with not monthly cap on usage and it's the same network as Eircom will be using. Eircom's offers are usually only cheaper for the first 3 - 6 months but then so much more expensive that by the time you finish your 12 or 18 month contract, you'll have paid more.

They also will charge you a fee for canceling if you are OUT OF CONTRACT, unless you give them 30 days notice. You don't have to give a company 30 days notice if you are out of contract. Comreg ruled this to be the case and Eircom are ignoring  comreg's ruling. Eircom also charge you VAT on cancellation of services despite it not being required by revenue.

Joke of a company. Think before you jump into a contract with them. They've already let you down so far and you've only just ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

I just wish I could get UPC where I am. They were out within a day or two the last time I was with them. I just looked at Vodafone there and it says it can take up to 25 days before broadband is active. Crazy stuff.

Give them a call. Most companies say it can take up to x amount of days but in general it's done quicker than stated. If I were in your shoes I'd rather give my business to VF over Eircom. The only way they will actually bother to change is if they lose a massive amount of customers.

Yeah, I was reluctant to give my business to either of them. My brother worked for vodafone support before and always said they were awful too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Try Sky Broadband, normally takes about a week to get installed.

• Advertisement

I've been with Eircom, VF and Sky for bb. Not in a fibre enabled area just yet, but so far Eircom have been the very very very worst of the lot. I've had no issues with VF or Sky at all. Touch wood n all that. When it works, it works.

With Eircom, anything that can go wrong, went wrong and worst was the incompetent support staff and the lies. Take look at just some examples in this very forum of fibre orders and installations.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057184739 - 1 recently updated example.

Thanks for the replies and advice. I am looking for fibre and I don't believe Sky provide this? Looks like I will be giving Vodafone a call this evening. Any chance of some help from an eircom rep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dave_t wrote: »
    I ordered the eFibre unlimited bundle on Friday and contacted eircom yesterday and today to try to get information on when the installation will be etc.
    I've dealt with 3 or 4 people at this stage and apparently they cannot find my order even though the agent I was chatting to on Friday stayed on the live chat until the order went through and confirmed that it had. I also got an order update email saying "thank you for choosing eircom..." etc.

Yesterday, I was told to get back to them today as it wasn't "set up" on their system. I contacted them today and they still couldn't find it so passed me back to sales who also couldn't find it and wanted me to re-order but advised that I could be waiting 5 working days from today as it would be a new order! What a joke. Can any of the eircom reps here try to locate this order, please?
    Hi dave_t

Sorry to hear of the issues,

Please send me a PM including the name the order was placed in and address and a contact number for you. I will look in to this right away :)

Al

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SKY have no fibre at the minute and god only knows when they will.

Hi dave_t

Please send me a PM including the name the order was placed in and address and a contact number for you. I will look in to this right away :)

Al
    PM sent. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi dave_t

Al
    PM sent. Thanks
    Hi dave_t

Thank you for taking my call.

Al

Hi Al,

Just sent you a PM if you could take a look.

Thanks

So, I just spoke with someone on eircom sales 1800 503 303 and they confirmed that there is no order on their system so it seems it never went through. This is after it was confirmed by an agent on web chat while I ordered online. 

Here is part of the transcript from that chat:

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Liam:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] Keep this chat open while you make the order. This is to ensure the order does go through smoothly for you Dave.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Dave:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] Will do. Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Liam:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] You're welcome, I will see once the order is complete. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Liam:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] On the direct debit section. If you have bank account number and sort code this is fine. Click on remind me my IBAN and BIC to generate the required details. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Dave:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] Just submitted the order there. I actually happened to have the BIC and IBAN to hand today[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Liam:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] That is great, I see the order is complete. I would like to thank you for choosing eircom.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Dave:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] Thanks for your help. Do you know when I should expect to arrange a installation date?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Liam:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] You will get a email within 48 hours with everything you need to know[/font]

That was last Friday and then on Tuesday I received a call from the rep on here, Alan, who reassured me that the order will go through.

While speaking to sales today they said I could place the order now if I wish but that's not good enough. Why should I have to wait an extra week because of a problem on eircom's end? I hope there is some way this can be resolved quickly.

So, I just spoke with someone on eircom sales 1800 503 303 and they confirmed that there is no order on their system so it seems it never went through. This is after it was confirmed by an agent on web chat while I ordered online. 

Here is part of the transcript from that chat:

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Liam:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] Keep this chat open while you make the order. This is to ensure the order does go through smoothly for you Dave.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Dave:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] Will do. Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Liam:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] You're welcome, I will see once the order is complete. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Liam:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] On the direct debit section. If you have bank account number and sort code this is fine. Click on remind me my IBAN and BIC to generate the required details. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Dave:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] Just submitted the order there. I actually happened to have the BIC and IBAN to hand today[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Liam:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] That is great, I see the order is complete. I would like to thank you for choosing eircom.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Dave:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] Thanks for your help. Do you know when I should expect to arrange a installation date?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial]Liam:[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial] You will get a email within 48 hours with everything you need to know[/font]

That was last Friday and then on Tuesday I received a call from the rep on here, Alan, who reassured me that the order will go through.

While speaking to sales today they said I could place the order now if I wish but that's not good enough. Why should I have to wait an extra week because of a problem on eircom's end? I hope there is some way this can be resolved quickly.

Hi dave_t

I received you PM today and I have also tried to call you on your mobile contact number.

When we spoke I did try to make it clear that it can take a couple of days for the order to be physically placed when ordered online.

I have searched for this order again - and again I can confirm the order has not been physically placed yet.

While the order should be raised it can take up to 5 working days to be physically placed and until it is I will not have any visibility on this. I can confirm that in some cases issues can appear and the order might indeed not be placed, this can happen when there is an issues with the address, contact details, or billing details.

On the call I did advise that the whole online order process can take up to 30 days for installation of the service. At this point I feel the online order should be visible by now if not tomorrow. If this is not visible and you have not received an order number I would advise placing the order over a call to a sales agent on 1800500300. The installation timeframe is usually ten working days from when the order is placed over call - however if the address in question requires a line to be installed first then the advised timeframe is 15 working days.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

I have been having similar issues with them from day one. I ordered, reordered and then reordered again. Then I went with vodafone.

Thanks for your efforts, Al but I am unable to take a call at the moment as stated in my PM. If I do not receive an email with the details by tomorrow I will go with a different company.

I appreciate your help and honesty Al but the fact that the rest of the agents I have spoken to have not given me any information whatsoever and also misled me originally when I placed the order, e.g. "You will get an email within 48 hours", and followed up on it, I am not overly comfortable dealing with eircom in case I have issues in the future.

Thanks for your efforts, Al but I am unable to take a call at the moment as stated in my PM. If I do not receive an email with the details by tomorrow I will go with a different company.

I appreciate your help and honesty Al but the fact that the rest of the agents I have spoken to have not given me any information whatsoever and also misled me originally when I placed the order, e.g. "You will get an email within 48 hours", and followed up on it, I am not overly comfortable dealing with eircom in case I have issues in the future.

Hi dave_t

I can understand your feelings with this however I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. I will keep checking for the order and let you know as soon as I notice any change on this.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks, but in fairness there probably should be some way of seeing that the order was placed originally. The only reason I placed the order online is because of the apparent savings made by booking online i.e. 

[font=Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]SAVE €5 when you buy ONLINE[/font]
    [font=Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]and get FREE Connection[/font]
    [font=Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]compared to standard ericom price of €35*[/font]

Also, I don't understand why, if I do find out the order did not get placed, I should have to begin the process again. Why is there no way of making this up to a potential customer due to a error on eircom's end? For example, pushing the reorder through a little quicker?

Thanks, but in fairness there probably should be some way of seeing that the order was placed originally. The only reason I placed the order online is because of the apparent savings made by booking online i.e. 

[font=Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]compared to standard ericom price of €35*[/font]

Also, I don't understand why, if I do find out the order did not get placed, I should have to begin the process again. Why is there no way of making this up to a potential customer due to a error on eircom's end? For example, pushing the reorder through a little quicker?

Hi dave_t

I fully understand your feelings however we will not be able to push through your order. This is being looked at for the future but at this moment in time an efibre escalation cannot be performed. If you wish to go ahead with an eircom efibre order please contact efibre sales on 1800503303.

Apologies for the inconvenience

Al

Hi dave_t

I fully understand your feelings however we will not be able to push through your order. This is being looked at for the future but at this moment in time an efibre escalation cannot be performed. If you wish to go ahead with an eircom efibre order please contact efibre sales on 1800503303.

Al
    No sign of it yet on the system then I take it?

• Advertisement

Hi dave_t

Al

Hi dave_t

There is no sign of your order I'm afraid. I'm sorry about this as it should have been placed by now. The best thing to do would be calling sales to place the order if you still wish to do so.

Al

Hi dave_t

Al

Hi dave_t

There is no sign of your order I'm afraid. I'm sorry about this as it should have been placed by now. The best thing to do would be calling sales to place the order if you still wish to do so.

Al
    It'll be Vodafone sales I'll be calling I think. Poor service by eircom to be honest. I can't believe a potential customer is dealt with like this when it is a fault on eircom's end. What's the point in the agent staying on web chat to make sure the order goes through smoothly? Can this be escalated at all?

5 days on and you've had the apologies and still no sign of a service. Can't say I'm surprised.  How people have the patience to deal with them is beyond me at this stage.

Yawns wrote: »
    5 days on and you've had the apologies and still no sign of a service. Can't say I'm surprised.  How people have the patience to deal with them is beyond me at this stage.

Dreadful stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Glad I read this, I was going to order with Eircom tomorrow for home phone, TV & Fibre. Dont think I will be now. Can anyone confirm what Vodafone are like for Fibre?

Hi dave_t

Al

Hi dave_t

Al
    It'll be Vodafone sales I'll be calling I think. Poor service by eircom to be honest. I can't believe a potential customer is dealt with like this when it is a fault on eircom's end. What's the point in the agent staying on web chat to make sure the order goes through smoothly? Can this be escalated at all?

Hi dave_t

I have passed your feedback to online operations and I apologise for the inconvenience. We will be unable to escalate efibre orders or appointments unfortunately.

Al

Hi dave_t

Al

Hi dave_t

Al

Hi dave_t

I have passed your feedback to online operations and I apologise for the inconvenience. We will be unable to escalate efibre orders or appointments unfortunately.

Al
    That's fine. I have made contact with Vodafone already and started the ball rolling. It's a pity eircom just don't care about losing potential customers. Horrible company. I will be warning people away from signing up with eircom and that will be quite a few people since I work in IT, I often get asked which company family and friends should sign up with.

Since my order "doesn't exist" can you ensure that I don't hear anymore from eircom. For example, I don't want to receive an email in a weeks time saying my order has been processed after signing up with Vodafone.

Hi dave_t

Al

Hi dave_t

Al

Hi dave_t

Al
    That's fine. I have made contact with Vodafone already and started the ball rolling. It's a pity eircom just don't care about losing potential customers. Horrible company. I will be warning people away from signing up with eircom and that will be quite a few people since I work in IT, I often get asked which company family and friends should sign up with.

Since my order "doesn't exist" can you ensure that I don't hear anymore from eircom. For example, I don't want to receive an email in a weeks time saying my order has been processed after signing up with Vodafone.

Hi dave_t

I'm genuinely sorry I could not offer better news throughout this experience. I'll forward your details to be removed from any eircom contact campaign & notification list.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement