Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom- complete joke

Options
  • 20-05-2014 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

After being messed around by Eircom after we signed up for efibre, a technician arrived this morning. We thought finally Eircom are providing us with what we signed up for.

However now we discover that the multi room box is non- recordable, even though we were told it would be by the sales guy and even the technician told us to call and order a recordable box as he didn't have a second one with him. After calling your customer service I've been told that it's not possible to have two recordable boxes as it's reliant on the internet.

So we were mis-sold ( lied to) by two representatives of Eircom- I'm absolutely disgusted at how we have been treated by yourselves and I will be telling everyone about this. Disgrace.

Will be cancelling this contract this afternoon as it's of absolutely no benefit to us.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

m'lady wrote: »
    After being messed around by Eircom after we signed up for efibre, a technician arrived this morning.  We thought finally Eircom are providing us with what we signed up for.

However now we discover that the multi room box is non- recordable, even though we were told it would be by the sales guy and even the technician told us to call and order a recordable box as he didn't have a second one with him.  After calling your customer service I've been told that it's not possible to have two recordable boxes as it's reliant on the internet.  

So we were mis-sold ( lied to) by two representatives of Eircom- I'm absolutely disgusted at how we have been treated by yourselves and I will be telling everyone about this.  Disgrace.

Will be cancelling this contract this afternoon as it's of absolutely no benefit to us.
    Hi m'lady

I'm very sorry to hear this, should you wish to cancel please contact the cancellations team on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hi m'lady

I'm very sorry to hear this, should you wish to cancel please contact the cancellations team on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

So you have no response to the fact that Eircom are lying to people to get them to sign up Alan? Why am I not surprised considering the past fortnight all I have heard off Eircom is 'I'm sorry', but no reasons or solutions offered.

I will make it my business to let people know how eircom are selling their products and how we have been treated. In actual fact I will contact comreg this afternoon, I doubt I will be the first to complain about these lies and certainly won't be the last. Disgrace of a company.

Hi m'lady

Thanks
    Al

So you have no response to the fact that Eircom are lying to people to get them to sign up Alan?   Why am I not surprised considering the past fortnight all I have heard off Eircom is 'I'm sorry', but no reasons or solutions offered.  

I will make it my business to let people know how eircom are selling their products and how we have been treated.  In actual fact I will contact Hi m'lady
    comreg this afternoon, I doubt I will be the first to complain about these lies and certainly won't be the last.    Disgrace of a company.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi [/font][font=Times New Roman","serif]m'lady[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] Of course, you really should not have been advised that the multiroom boxes record, this is inaccurate information and I apologise for the unnecessary inconvenience and disappointment this has caused you.

Alan [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi [/font][font=Times New Roman","serif]m'lady[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] Of course, you really should not have been advised that the multiroom boxes record, this is inaccurate information and I apologise for the unnecessary inconvenience and disappointment this has caused you.

Alan [/font]

Again a useless apology with no attempt of an explanation from Eircom, or even to say that they will look into how a sales person AND a technician can lie to customers. Just for anyone reading and is confused by Eircom/Alans last reply the multi rooms DO NOT record.

Hi m'lady
    Of course, you really should not have been advised that the multiroom boxes record, this is inaccurate information and I apologise for the unnecessary inconvenience and disappointment this has caused you.

Alan

Again a useless apology with no attempt of an explanation from Eircom, or even to say that they will look into how a sales person AND a technician can lie to customers.   Just for anyone reading and is confused by Eircom/Alans last reply the multi rooms DO NOT record.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi m'lady

I tried to make it clear in my above posts however I would like to confirm again that multi room boxes do not record.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]This link will bring you to a graph where the multi room box features are clearly displayed : https://www.eircom.net/tv/equipment-features[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]If you wish to make a complaint surrounding the inaccurate information initially provided to you by the sales agent please contact accounts on free phone 1901. Once the complaint is made this will be investigated in full.

Alan[/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi m'lady

I tried to make it clear in my above posts however I would like to confirm again that multi room boxes do not record.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]This link will bring you to a graph where the multi room box features are clearly displayed : https://www.eircom.net/tv/equipment-features[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]If you wish to make a complaint surrounding the inaccurate information initially provided to you by the sales agent please contact accounts on free phone 1901. Once the complaint is made this will be investigated in full.

Alan[/font]

Isn't it a shame that neither the sales rep or technician could make ' it clear'?
    A complaint will be lodged anyway, and as previously said I will make sure to make everyone aware of the lies from Eircom. Already I've managed to change one friends mind on switching and will continue to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Hmmm. I phoned them and asked if multiroom boxes were recordable and was advised immediately that this was not possible. Think you just got a cute hoor or a thick.
    Ps I have been told many a fairy tale by both Sky and UPC people.

Hitbit

hitbit wrote: »
    Hmmm. I phoned them and asked if multiroom boxes were recordable and was advised immediately that this was not possible. Think you just got a cute hoor or a thick.
    Ps I have been told many a fairy tale by both Sky and UPC people.

Hitbit
    Hi hitbit

More features on the multiroom box can be found here if you are still interested :)

https://www.eircom.net/tv/equipment-features

Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Thanks
    Al

For anyone reading I wouldn't be 'interested' in Eircoms tv that's for sure. It's like the poor relation of 'sky'. Do yourselves a favour and don't go near them!

Advertisement