Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Sorry to hear that, but it was due to a VERY similar let down by local suppplier that I went straight to the distributor. I rang them to see what they had available and then drove down and collected the last 5000 they had of the first shipment in. I actually wanted the 3000, but was paid extra for the 5000 as I had no working mower at the time so was desperate.

Just to add that I am very happy with it. I had to redo my boundaries a couple of times, but that was due to me trying to cut way too close under some low bushes. But since I correctyed my way too ambitious boundaries my LUBA has been perfect. I currently send him out twice a week and lawn is looking so well for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 S4HXO

Good to hear, yeah I'm weighing up my options now, will have to cancel the robotic mowers ie (or mowers.ie, whatever) order, just really pissed because of the broken promise and taking all of the money there and then when they obviously had no intention of honouring the contract.

Stay well away from them is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MOWERS.IE

Thank you for bringing up your concerns, and we are really sorry to hear about the inconvenience you’ve experienced. I want to assure you that Mowers IE is not a scam. We are facing unexpected delays in our supply chain, primarily due to increased congestion at international shipping ports and extended customs clearance times. These issues are unfortunately out of our control and have impacted the timely delivery of our LUBA 2 mowers.

Understanding that a well-maintained lawn is important, especially during the summer, that's why we are offering a temporary solution to our customers who purchased the LUBA 2 from us. We are providing a LUBA 1 (First Generation) for temporary use. This mower will be delivered to you and then collected on a scheduled 48-hour basis every 10 to 12 days. This service is intended to bridge the gap until your new LUBA 2 arrives, ensuring that your lawn stays in good condition.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging period, and we are committed to resolving these issues as quickly as possible. If you have any further questions or if you would like to arrange for the temporary use of a LUBA 1 mower, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Thank you for your continued trust in us.

Best regards,

Customer Service Team
    Mowers IE

Thank you for bringing up your concerns, and we are really sorry to hear about the inconvenience you’ve experienced. I want to assure you that Mowers IE is not a scam. We are facing unexpected delays in our supply chain, primarily due to increased congestion at international shipping ports and extended customs clearance times. These issues are unfortunately out of our control and have impacted the timely delivery of our LUBA 2 mowers.

Understanding that a well-maintained lawn is important, especially during the summer, that's why we are offering a temporary solution to our customers who purchased the LUBA 2 from us. We are providing a LUBA 1 (First Generation) for temporary use. This mower will be delivered to you and then collected on a scheduled 48-hour basis every 10 to 12 days. This service is intended to bridge the gap until your new LUBA 2 arrives, ensuring that your lawn stays in good condition.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging period, and we are committed to resolving these issues as quickly as possible. If you have any further questions or if you would like to arrange for the temporary use of a LUBA 1 mower, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Best regards,

Customer Service Team
    Mowers IE

Best regards,

Customer Service Team
    Mowers IE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭manshay

The photo on the website of mowers.ie of a luba 2 in a garden/diy shop seems to come from a french companies Facebook, according to a google reverse image search. https://www.facebook.com/madimat.sas

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

I'm looking for replacement blades with screws for a Lidl parkside robot mower anyone have any links? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lleyn elec

I have a Stihl RMI 632, it’s has an error message of charging contact fault and won’t charge.

I have replaced the charging contacts and the error message is still present.

I suspect that it is the circuit board in the docking station.

Is there anyone with a similar mower where I could plug my own into their docking station to see if it charges.

Alternatively can anyone recommend a decent Stihl dealer, where I bought it from two years ago has stopped selling mowers.

I’m in Sligo!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭SocialSpud

Has anyone here tried the Luba?

Post edited by SocialSpud on

An update on the Mowers.ie saga:

They refunded me today but decided I had to pay €58 as a bonus for: having held onto €2949 of my money for almost three weeks; breached our contract; delivered nothing; not answered their phone and not replied to emails for days, in fact until I left a comment on here.

The guy then had the gall to couch it in terms of doing me a massive favour: "I wanted to inform you that we have processed your refund today with only a 2% cancellation fee."

Stay well clear of this absolute shower of sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭SomeDude

I’m interested in the Luba 2 as well. Has anyone here tried it? Where would they be serviced if there’s an issue down the line?

Lots of positive reviews on this thread if you go back a few pages or search.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Anyone have any info on Ambrogio robot mowers? One of the local providers just got them in.

https://www.toplinetractamotors.ie/product/lawnmowers-g0302/ambrogio-pro-line-l250i-elite-3200sqm-4g-robot-mower-h2107934/H2107934

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭LubaDriver

I have a luba 1. It works so well these days that I don't even think about it. It just does its thing and I clean it every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭WildWater

I have mine about two months. Love the thing. I bought mine from Coughlans in Carlow, so if something goes astray they will be getting a call. Paid for it on a Saturday. Shipped on Monday. Had it on Tuesday. If you do buy, just make sure you update the firmware before you start to set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

I took a chance on buying a cheap Scheppach robot mower from Lefeld in Germany. Including shipping to Ireland it cost me €544 along with an extra 36 spare blades for the mower itself.

Scheppach robotic lawnmower RoboCut XXL900 lawnmower WIFI Bluetooth. For the price I don't think it can be beat so hopefully there are no nasty surprises quality wise.

Got it set up last night and first day working today so I'll update here any issues I experience with it just so others can be aware of any pitfalls.

On first run out the recommended 30 cm boundary wire to edge spacing is too generous. Ill need to adjust the boundary wire out a bit this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭SomeDude

how did you get on with setting up the RTK and all that? I was thinking of getting the solar panels that they have as an accessory and putting them on my garage roof. Do Coughlans offer an install service would you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Personally with my LUBA2 the RTK just plugged into the base unit into the ground, I have pretty decent clear line of site all around. I have not had one problem with, despite the app keep repoting that thr RTK has moved

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dermotp

I have a husqvarna 105 automower and have a problem just got mower back from supplier and tried to put it back to work but got error loop off(eco mode)contacted supplier but could not resolve problem so far, I tried to uncheck eco mode through settings and then tried to set new loop through security that failed,I,m wondering has any one on here come across this problem, the machine is 2 1/2 Yr.old

You really don't need an installation service. In fact, that was one of the reasons that I chose the Luba over the Kress. You just have to decide where to put your RTK and the base station. The RTK comes with a long pole and a spike so it can be positioned by pushing it into the ground beside the base station. However, I put mine on the side of my garden shed. I got a TV aerial bracket from screwfix (the largest they had as they don't give a lot of clearance out from the wall). This worked out great. My RTK has pretty much 100% line of sight to my back lawn. However, it has zero line of sight to the two front lawns, but it works perfectly. Mapping your boundary is really easy as is mapping the no go zones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Can u put up the link for the aerial bracket please?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dermotp

The technician came from the supplier and checked all the charging station and narrow the problem down to the pcb board,removed the cover of the station and when he checked the board a snail had fried itself on the board replaced same and everything was back to working condition ,problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Super super common, slugs and snails are arseholes. I've tried sealing up any gaps of access into my station. It's a count down till the next slug does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭LubaDriver

That's true only for people who understand the importance of following the installation instructions.

If you look at the reddit and Facebook groups there are countless examples of people complaining that the navigation on their luba is off and have a mighty bitch about it, only then to reveal that they have the rtk in an attic, next to a tall wall, under a porch etc.

One guy even wanted to know how he could mount the rtk to luba itself (his wife didn't like the look of it apparently).

I think offering professional install for these people is a must. Especially if your garden is borderline suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Would it be worth your while putting some slug pellets around the docking station as an extra protection?

I haven’t had the issue myself. It’s probably a luck of the draw or location type issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I've done that also, but they disappate quickly. Silicone sealant on the gaps prob the longest term bet and bed of sharp stones under it rather than muck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

I wanted to get the Luba 2 for my garden and as per everyone else, struggling to get my hands on one until at least mid august, i had a supplier in germany lined up but they are struggling to confirm a date. Im now considering a Segway or a Kress, the garden is about 2400m2 but fairly flat, just wandering are the other two options as good, dont fancy paying money for the likes of a husqvarna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Had also considered Luba but going to go with Kress i think. They are putting a mast up in my area over the next few weeks so it will probably be August before get up & running. Set my lawn last week.Have a few weeks before regular cutting. I don't fancy using my parents push mower on 4500sqm lawn for too long though…..

Advertisement