Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Moreilly wrote: »
    although i have a fence and the boundary wire will run parallel either side it, not sure how far apart the wire needs to be from each other so it does not ignore the wire (like the way the wiring goes out to a island),

I have the same. The wire goes along one side of the fence and then down the other side of the fence to the front lawn.... no issues.

You will be keeping that wire out from the fence anyway to stop the mower hitting it, so they will be at least 1-2ft apart so they wont interfere with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

KCross wrote: »
    I have the same. The wire goes along one side of the fence and then down the other side of the fence to the front lawn.... no issues.

You will be keeping that wire out from the fence anyway to stop the mower hitting it, so they will be at least 1-2ft apart so they wont interfere with each other.
    yep, that's exactly my situation,going from a side lawn to the front lawn, - glad to know it works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

The different markers on the rule are for different type boundaries, i.e. needs to be further from a brick wall than a flat non lawn area etc etc.

See attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭staples7

Long story short, dealer came out today. Checked everything. All installation was good. He thinks it’s a PCB issue with the automower. They will deal with Husqvarna regards the warranty which is great. Husqvarna will also look after them regards expense and mileage. Which might be good to know for anyone thinking of buying online but worried about after service.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

staples7 wrote:
    Long story short, dealer came out today. Checked everything. All installation was good. He thinks it’s a PCB issue with the automower. They will deal with Husqvarna regards the warranty which is great. Husqvarna will also look after them regards expense and mileage. Which might be good to know for anyone thinking of buying online but worried about after service.

Good to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭islander222

For those thinking about purchasing and not sure, i have mine (huski 310) for 12 months next week. Lawn is 600M2 approx. Phenomenal product.
    House callers are always amazed by it, and initially the responses were about how lazy i am ;-)... but now they see the added value... perfectly manicured lawn that are green 100% of the time. Even during the wet months! During summer i have the time to keep on top of all the other outdoor jobs!

My only issues were the auto connect i got added not working correctly but has since been sorted. Don't think the auto connect is worth the extra money but it's a probably a peace mind thing. Brings me to security, that is still a big concern but i have it now and it's still on the lawn so we'll have to see how that works out. My lawns are not easily visible to passing cars and i have a strategically placed plant obscuring it's view from the road when parked.

Finally, the comments in the last month from others are about how thick, healthy, green and luscious the lawn is after only 1 year of the auto mower working it's magic. No brainer if you have the money or are thinking of replacing a ride on..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭denismc

Getting my 315 installed next week, I have decided to buy local and am having the install done by the dealer.
    While I could have saved by buying online the local dealer gave me a good deal and is not charging for the install.
    For anyone considering buying online be sure to have a haggle with your local dealer first, they do seem to be willing to do a deal and there is peace of mind knowing the install is done properly.

Last update I swear :). Dealer had robot fixed and back to me this morning. Robbie (as christened) flying around lawn as I speak. Was a loose connection on motherboard. Manufacturing error. While that does not inspire me with confidence the service from the local dealer did. Super service, treated me as if I had purchased from them. I did waste the majority of 2 days trying to find the issue myself but I’ll get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,905 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have mine a week and already delighted with it. Lovely uniform cut . Tbh I'd probably be on the side that the ROB 600 and ROB1000 give just as good a cut as the huskies. I've seen a few and the stiga range too and my cut looks no different. the ROB comes with huskie power supply and batteries and has an pin alarm all for half the price.

Got mine on Amazon deal for 640 euro. So bloody delighted.

My garden has an absolute melting south facing and was the only spot I could mount the charge cable so put together a temp sun shade for the sun. Not meant to be kept on direct sunshine.

Thanks to some election poster and reebar.

Have mine a week and already delighted with it. Lovely uniform cut . Tbh I'd probably be on the side that the ROB 600 and ROB1000 give just as good a cut as the huskies. I've seen a few and the stiga range too and my cut looks no different. the ROB comes with huskie power supply and batteries and has an pin alarm all for half the price.

Got mine on Amazon deal for 640 euro. So bloody delighted.

My garden has an absolute melting south facing and was the only spot I could mount the charge cable so put together a temp sun shade for the sun. Not meant to be kept on direct sunshine.

Thanks to some election poster and reebar.

Excuse the building work under the charging station that's all coming out in the summer for patio. Renovating the house at the moment and this machine was bought to give my hours back that I can't waste on grass cutting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,347 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Michael Healy Rae doesn't mind you 'borrowing' his poster?

Water John wrote: »
    Michael Healy Rae doesn't mind you 'borrowing' his poster?

More likely Ronan mullins

listermint wrote: »
    Tbh I'd probably be on the side that the ROB 600 and ROB1000 give just as good a cut as the huskies. I've seen a few and the stiga range too and my cut looks no different. the ROB comes with huskie power supply and batteries and has an pin alarm all for half the price.

The McCulloch Rob (and Flymo) brands are part of the Husqvarna group so they no doubt share alot of components, just a cheaper version with less bells and whistles.

A bit like buying a Seat instead of a VW!

KCross wrote: »
    The McCulloch Rob (and Flymo) brands are part of the Husqvarna group so they no doubt share alot of components, just a cheaper version with less bells and whistles.

A bit like buying a Seat instead of a VW!

Those Cupra's are dark horses :D

48hrs in, covered pretty much blade every inch but a good few tyre marks and signs trampled grass (Cutting height 7 then 6)

Gave the grass a rest today as I have just half the lawn marked out and it could be over kill for a 430x.

Grass was reasonably low before hand also

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭xl500

My ROB 600 Lives under the Deck

• Registered Users Posts: 21,347 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A stand on, rather than a ride on mower.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

xl500 wrote: »

It’s very well hidden but I’d be concerned about furry creatures using that access to build nests for themselves under your deck.

searay wrote: »
    It’s very well hidden but I’d be concerned about furry creatures using that access to build nests for themselves under your deck.

I know but to be honest they could get under deck no problem anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭denismc

xl500 wrote: »
    Does it have any issues parking in such a tight space?

Nice idea btw.

• Advertisement

No problem at all I have guide wire running straight out from centre and so far it has never failed to park itself

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Are insurance companies coming round to insuring these yet, anyone any joy with same?

septicsac wrote: »
    Are insurance companies coming round to insuring these yet, anyone any joy with same?

At least one has said they got insurance on it....
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109592658&postcount=995

I guess it's just a case of asking them and be sure to be upfront that its unsecured and outside. No point paying for insurance that they will renege on later if they say you misled them into thinking it was a secured mower.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone interested in that Flymo 1200r I picked up on black Friday it's not suitable for my garden didn't even take it out of the box, I got it from Amazon warehouse I think, if I did it would have either been good or as new condition. Paid €300, there up there for £600 new.
    Can post it, I'll stick it on done deal or adverts if nobody interested here.
    Somebody called first dibs on it here but not sure who it was..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

That was me !

I’ll pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

Hi, have my husqvarna 430x for a year now largely due to this thread and it’s great so thanks for the info. I was just wondering where is a good source of replacement blades, Do you buy local or bulk buy online?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Hi, have my husqvarna 430x for a year now largely due to this thread and it’s great so thanks for the info. I was just wondering where is a good source of replacement blades, Do you buy local or bulk buy online?
    Thanks

I get mine from the dealer. I haven't found I've needed to replace them more than once a season, so they don't work out too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

I replace every 6-8 weeks, after checking them. Bought from Amazon blades, notice no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

I change the blades on my 420 4 times each season - for the sake of a few quid i'd prefer to keep them fresh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Anybody order from Roboexpert ?

Advertisement