Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 muckyba

Hi all

My 315x got stuck on Wednesday and i have a connectivity problem on the app ever since. Tried to send test sms from mower to my phone, no success. Have turned mower on and off, and uninstalled/reinstalled app.
    App home screen continues to show error; cutting system blocked with the same battery percentage for the past 3 days.

Error on mower yesterday also said connectivity error but can't figure out what's up with it.

Anyone had a similar experience before or know what to do here?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭staples7

If you've tried everything and you still have the issue, don't waste any more of your time. Take it to your local dealer. It has 2 year warranty that they must look after.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Allianz got back to me on adding automower to policy when outdoors as too high a risk. They would only cover to value of 650 euro.
    it will be on my list of Q when shopping around for next policy

• Registered Users Posts: 45 muckyba

staples7 wrote: »
    If you've tried everything and you still have the issue, don't waste any more of your time. Take it to your local dealer. It has 2 year warranty that they must look after.

Thanks, took your advice and did just that. Waiting to hear back, may just require a software upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭k mac

What are people doing as regards fertilising the lawn do you just keep the mower off it for a day or 2 after spreading. Thinking of lashing out some 10.10.20 now that I don't have to worry about the mad burst of growth and having to cut it every second day :):)!! Would green it up well along with the constant cutting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,344 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Why would it need 10:10:20?

Water John wrote: »
    Why would it need 10:10:20?

To green it up. its an old lawn that got a bit of a scorching last year in the heat wave. Another part of the lawn was only sown last October so would be afraid to spread on that as it might burn it off.

Shaunoc wrote: »
    Allianz got back to me on adding automower to policy when outdoors as too high a risk. They would only cover to value of 650 euro.
    it will be on my list of Q when shopping around for next policy

Have you got electric gates ?
    I thinking about getting 2 robot mowers but have gates/lawns cant be seen from the road.

k mac wrote: »
    To green it up. its an old lawn that got a bit of a scorching last year in the heat wave. Another part of the lawn was only sown last October so would be afraid to spread on that as it might burn it off.

I have just over .5 of an acre and put a bag of 10.10.20 out on it about 3/4 weeks ago. Mowing at level 3. It looks pretty good. Not as carpet like as I would have thought but I do not have the automower running from 11pm to 10am just to avoid the clumps of damp grass from the wheels. Also I do not run her in wet conditions for the same reason.

Might change the blades soon as they have been on for 2.5 months see if that makes much difference.

staples7 wrote: »
    I have just over .5 of an acre and put a bag of 10.10.20 out on it about 3/4 weeks ago. Mowing at level 3. It looks pretty good. Not as carpet like as I would have thought but I do not have the automower running from 11pm to 10am just to avoid the clumps of damp grass from the wheels. Also I do not run her in wet conditions for the same reason.

Might change the blades soon as they have been on for 2.5 months see if that makes much difference.

Look very good. Did you stop the mower after spreading the 10.10.20 or was it left out constant

• Advertisement

Look very good. Did you stop the mower after spreading the 10.10.20 or was it left out constant

No I didn't see a need. I did have it stopped while I was out of the country for 3 days a month ago and it took ages get neath again. So avoid long multiple days rest if you can.

Have you got electric gates ?
    I thinking about getting 2 robot mowers but have gates/lawns cant be seen from the road.

No electric gate - not even a manual one (soon ish to be sorted).
    we get some passersby stopping to enquire or marvel or wonder what the world is coming to when they see it zipping about. quite open on a local road, awaiting trees to grow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

What is best route for a guide wire and a autonomous mower? Husqvarna to be exact.
    Would a duct be too deep and wire loose signal?

Cutting a line in the tar is an idea but not ideal after spending 7grand on tarmac.

What's been done?

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    What is best route for a guide wire and a autonomous mower? Husqvarna to be exact.

Cutting a line in the tar is an idea but not ideal after spending 7grand on tarmac.

What's been done?

installation guide says min 1 cm and max 20 cm.
    could cover the cut with dark sealant perhaps to mask it. cable itself is thin, what ducting to run it in across tarmac, that i do not know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

What are people doing as regards fertilising the lawn do you just keep the mower off it for a day or 2 after spreading. Thinking of lashing out some 10.10.20 now that I don't have to worry about the mad burst of growth and having to cut it every second day :):)!! Would green it up well along with the constant cutting.

I asked this recently. Got no reply so I just followed the instructions on the pack. Spread it, wait for the rain and don't cut for three days after.

Grand now bar zero rain for over week. One of the very few benefits of heavy clay is how it hangs on to water.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Update from Husqvarna customer support:

The only mower planned to have FOTA updates currently is the new AWD 435X/535X automower.

Autocheck 3 is a dealer only tool. And is the only way to update the software, so as an end use you will not be able to do that.

That is disappointing news. Looks like if I want an update il have to head into a dealer.
    Thanks for asking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭randombar

Looking for recommendations for mower for 0.3 acres.

Would probably be looking at someone in cork to install and be responsible for it (For the mother).

If all goes well we'd be looking at getting two more.

GaryCocs wrote: »

Would probably be looking at someone in cork to install and be responsible for it (For the mother).

2 options in cork - Atkins (Cork,Bandon) or Macroom tool hire. Have had a good experience with Atkins for after service but did not purchase there.

.3 of an Acre you should get away with a 315x ( Cutting capacity: ± 1500m² ± 20%) which is .37 acres.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭sligopaul

Anyone else running a Stihl ? Have an RMI 632 P running the last 6 weeks just starting to settle in and remove some high spots, lawn approx 1600 sqm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭denismc

GaryCocs wrote: »

I got mine (315) from Atkins in Bandon, installation was included in the price, they had a sale about a month ago with 10% off so you just missed out!

I also have had good experience with Macroom tool hire although not for Automowers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,904 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What's been done?

Cut a line then seal it with black sealant, rubber or tar.

getting an extra hour out of battery these days - 450 is running approx 6 hours between charges

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankirish

do we need to service our automowers? Mine is a year and 2 months old and still running as goos as the day it was installed.

Any advantage bringing it into a main dealer?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Frankirish wrote: »
    do we need to service our automowers? Mine is a year and 2 months old and still running as goos as the day it was installed.

Any advantage bringing it into a main dealer?

Thanks.

They will update the software and check for any error codes but other than that they wont do anything really.

KCross wrote: »
    They will update the software and check for any error codes but other than that they wont do anything really.

i called my closest dealer for the nosiness.
    they could not tell me remotely (physically not plugged in) if my year old unit would need firmware update or not. Not possible till its plugged in.
    I thought giving them the serial # would give them some oversight.

140 euro incl vat for the service (run thru all checks, change of blades(! takes one minute), cleaning). price is a bit steep but doubt its needed annually!?!?

i called my closest dealer for the nosiness.
    they could not tell me remotely (physically not plugged in) if my year old unit would need firmware update or not. Not possible till its plugged in.
    I thought giving them the serial # would give them some oversight.

140 euro incl vat for the service (run thru all checks, change of blades(! takes one minute), cleaning). price is a bit steep but doubt its needed annually!?!?

There is a menu which displays the version of the software the mower is running. If they have any IT expertise at all they should be able to cross check that with whats available for them to download.

If the mower is working fine for you the software update probably wont make much of a difference to you. You might note some changes in the UI or you might notice absolutely nothing at all... it depends on what version you have running and what changes they made since.... i wouldnt worry about it too much if the mower is running fine and you want to keep the €140 in your pocket!

I dont service mine yearly anymore.

looking at the husky installation kit,,, It looks to be wire, pins and some joining connections for if wire splits.

200 quid, Surely a single core wire and some pegs from amazon thats about 85 is the same?

looking at the husky installation kit,,, It looks to be wire, pins and some joining connections for if wire splits.

200 quid, Surely a single core wire and some pegs from amazon thats about 85 is the same?

As long as the wire you use can handle year on year outdoor use in damp conditions and wont breakdown and start shorting.

The wire you get with the mower is pretty strong. Its not like bell wire or the like. Its tougher.
    So, just because it works the day you install it isnt enough.... it needs to survive for at least a decade, or more preferably.

KCross wrote: »
    As long as the wire you use can handle year on year outdoor use in damp conditions and wont breakdown and start shorting.

The wire you get with the mower is pretty strong. Its not like bell wire or the like. Its tougher.
    So, just because it works the day you install it isnt enough.... it needs to survive for at least a decade, or more preferably.

Yea, I get that alright, But still a mad price for the kit for what it is.

• Advertisement

I have mine running about 2.5 months since I bought. Changed the blades last week and they were well worn. Makes a huge difference in the cut also. I think every 6-8 weeks would want to be changing them.

one of the 3 blades was cracked in half (Thats my second time that a blade cracked) I have no stones but from time to time it does slip into garden beds etc.

Advertisement