Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

listermint wrote: »
    No grass in china no need for mowers I suppose :)

I dont think that would stop them from making some more dollars! :)

A Xiaomi robot mower would be welcome. And its not like they dont have all the expertise already since they do the robot vacuums... very similar tech involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NurseBridie

KCross wrote: »
    I dont know about the 105. I have a 330/430 and its 5yrs old and on its original battery and still managing the same cutting time per charge.

I think Husqvarna do give a guidance of 3yrs on the battery so it looks like you are just on the verge of that.

How long does it spend cutting before it goes back for a charge?

Yes I have to calculate that, will get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Nice little mower for anybody with a small lawn for £390 on Amazon UK [URL="Yard Force Robomower Powered by Samsung Lithium-Ion Battery, SA500ECO, 8 Kg https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B6WHCYQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_q795CbBSQJRD0"]Yard Force Robomower Powered by Samsung Lithium-Ion Battery, SA500ECO, 8 Kg https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B6WHCYQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_q795CbBSQJRD0[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭staples7

Shaunoc wrote: »
    if its on the grass as frequent as most people have it and I do also, what grass is there to clump. minuscule in my experience.
    i get very little buildup during regular cutting. slightly different if its back out after a week away

around front wheels i do get some grass that i cut away every few weeks

I agree you would think there is very little grass to clump but yet every morning there it is. Ill take a few pics. All these 'clumps' by the way are from the build up from the wheels are heavy enough to kill grass underneath if not removed.

Dont get me wrong I'm very happy overall but if I left her run overnight might take 10 mins to walk around the lawn and get rid of these... 1st world problems I know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

staples7 wrote: »
    I agree you would think there is very little grass to clump but yet every morning there it is. Ill take a few pics. All these 'clumps' by the way are from the build up from the wheels are heavy enough to kill grass underneath if not removed.

Dont get me wrong I'm very happy overall but if I left her run overnight might take 10 mins to walk around the lawn and get rid of these... 1st world problems I know...

I leave it run from 10:30 to 21:30. The dew hasn't had a chance to form at night and is gone by the time it starts back.
    Never had a clump of grass unless we get a fair bit of rain in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I don't go lower than level 5 for the summer. Gives a nice even look and feels nice and cushioned underfoot. Obviously start off higher in spring and reduce, then let it get a bit longer in autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

staples7 wrote: »

maybe you have better grass growth than me, or mine is out more regularly or has less ground to cover so gets around more frequently etc...
    my lawn has its own 1st world issues...clover but its green

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bauney

Hi all, had a strange situation yesterday with my 430x. I noticed it wasn't coming out of the charging station so I turned it off via switch underneath and dragged it out. I think the status on my app was error about not being connected to charging area or something to that affect. Turned it up side down to check blades and then back around. I then turned it on thinking that would be it. But no. The mower status said it was mowing but it was not moving. I then turned it off again, however the mower stayed powered.it wouldn't shut off. I was away from charging station. I toggled the switch back and forth few times and same thing- remained powered up. I was never prompted with my pin any time here. Was strange as that switch always used to shut it off completely but now it was not doing that.

I then decided to push it back into its charging station and I toggled it again and finally I got the prompt to enter pin code on the mower. And then it started working as normal.

Potential lesson here, is that they may have been a charging connection issue at some point but when I took it away and tried to reset it (toggle on/off) then it had no affect. The solution for me was to put back into the charging station and toggle on/off. thats my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

bauney wrote: »
    Hi all, had a strange situation yesterday with my 430x. I noticed it wasn't coming out of the charging station so I turned it off via switch underneath and dragged it out. I think the status on my app was error about not being connected to charging area or something to that affect. Turned it up side down to check blades and then back around. I then turned it on thinking that would be it. But no. The mower status said it was mowing but it was not moving. I then turned it off again, however the mower stayed powered.it wouldn't shut off. I was away from charging station. I toggled the switch back and forth few times and same thing- remained powered up. I was never prompted with my pin any time here. Was strange as that switch always used to shut it off completely but now it was not doing that.

I then decided to push it back into its charging station and I toggled it again and finally I got the prompt to enter pin code on the mower. And then it started working as normal.

Potential lesson here, is that they may have been a charging connection issue at some point but when I took it away and tried to reset it (toggle on/off) then it had no affect. The solution for me was to put back into the charging station and toggle on/off. thats my 2 cents.

have you tried turning it off and on again :D (IT Crowd...just in case)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭louis346789

Have stihl imow. Bought large front wheels online. Cannot find out how to remove existing.
    Looks like a snap in fitting. Anyone changed these before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It looks like there might be a circlip under the top end.
    Getting a price on putting in 2 Stihls on Monday.

I cheated. Took off the tyres from the new ones and put onto the existing brackets. Same size tyres. Just a heavy metal ring added. It's just extra weight. Sizes are identical. They are a good mower. Simple to use. Am waiting for the 30 cm blades to replace existing 28 cm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah likely to get two RMI 422.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NurseBridie

Yes I have to calculate that, will get back to you.

Battery ok, times within quoted. Think the problem was the level had been reduced and it was struggling to cut. Have increased height and length of day it is out for. With this model the level can easily be moved I assume when it does over bumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Has anyone bought from Entreprenadbutiken.se? Looking at the 430x and it's over €750 cheaper than anywhere in Ireland!

Pacifico wrote: »
    Has anyone bought from Entreprenadbutiken.se? Looking at the 430x and it's over €750 cheaper than anywhere in Ireland!

Yep, myself and few others. They go by GPLshop too, same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭sligopaul

Hi Louis346789

Where do you buy your Stihl parts

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭sligopaul

Folks

A question, where does your mower live when it's not working. My docks next to a shed at the back of the house but is obviously exposed to the elements and I'd probably like to get some sort of cover to protect it from the worst of the weather. Any cost effective suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It’s designed for outdoor use so no need to protect it from the weather.

You bring it indoors during the winter of course.

I have a nearby stihl dealer. Got the heavy wheels for 60 euro. Made a huge difference. Not getting stuck in holes. Am in co Louth

• Advertisement

sligopaul wrote: »
    Folks

A question, where does your mower live when it's not working. My docks next to a shed at the back of the house but is obviously exposed to the elements and I'd probably like to get some sort of cover to protect it from the worst of the weather. Any cost effective suggestions

You can get a little house for it. Ridiculous money for a bit of plastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭xl500

sligopaul wrote: »
    Folks

this is where mine lives

• Registered Users Posts: 36 russtini

I bought 430X from them 2 weeks ago - delivered in 4 days and latest model including SIM card / Connect. Bought install kits from local dealer and all up and running over the weekend. Have a final extension left to add on- will buy the extra cable and pegs from amazon to save a few bob. But overall highly recommend GPL Shop. They replied fast to a few questions i had in advance and confirmed world wide warranty. Given the price differences its hard not to go online.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭k mac

russtini wrote: »
    I bought 430X from them 2 weeks ago - delivered in 4 days and latest model including SIM card / Connect. Bought install kits from local dealer and all up and running over the weekend. Have a final extension left to add on- will buy the extra cable and pegs from amazon to save a few bob. But overall highly recommend GPL Shop. They replied fast to a few questions i had in advance and confirmed world wide warranty. Given the price differences its hard not to go online.

+1 bought from them 4 weeks ago, delivered within a week with no problems. You can also get the installation kit from them and its a couple of euro cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Point to note here , I picked up a few of the aftermarket 3 way connectors/crimps on amazon, and I found 2 /3 our of a batch of 12 gave me issue.

So much so, i went to purchase a tone tester :eek: to figure out why my loop was not looping..

There's also a small chance it could have been tension on the boundary wire that caused the issue, but hard to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Sounds good! How would the warranty work if you did need to go down that route? Is it 2 years you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 russtini

Sounds good! How would the warranty work if you did need to go down that route? Is it 2 years you get?

Yes its 2 years from receipt provided. Local dealer will take it in and process same as a local unit - although I suspect with less of a smile and no aftermarket support e.g. lending you a spare that many do if it goes wrong.

BTW I read on the box when it arrived that its made in the uk... so this unit went from uk to sweden then to ireland to start its life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

BTW I read on the box when it arrived that its made in the uk... so this unit went from uk to sweden then to ireland to start its life

yep, and here is the factory ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭staples7

Moreilly wrote: »
    yep, and here is the factory ! :)

Great to see! One of those lads must have missed a connection on the mother board in mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭k mac

What does everybody do when its lashing rain do you leave the mower working away. Have had the first heavy rain the last few days since I installed the 430X 4 weeks ago. Had it parked for a day but was thinking with our summers its not feasible having it parked when its raining.

Advertisement