Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

4head wrote: »
    Great thread with real info. Well done all. I have finalised my auto mower plans largely due to this thread. Was looking at husky to get to 2 lawns seperated by drive. Too risky due to potential car impact therefore settled on 2 mowers, 1 for each lawn both under 300m2.

Decided i would look at other cheaper options such as worx, gardena, mcculloch etc.

Great bargains online at roboexpert.de and amazon.de. Husky 105 on roboexpert for €700 however, they wont allow me to enter irish address. Any work around anyone aware of?
    Roboexpert.co.uk has same deal but see 20% vat therefore it appears to be out of uk and im worried about customs/excise. Any advice appreciated.

Money burning a hole in pocket so looked at worx landroid on amazon.de but they wont deliver to my irish address. As far as i can figure this is due to battery delivery being problematic.

I have emailed all 3 mentioned lastnight but nothing yet. Damn brexit! Sorry for long post but any useful advice much appreciated.

You can ring roboexpert.de or use their online query tool.
    Tell them the story and I'm pretty sure they can arrange it.
    (note: They only accept bank transfer, but this only took hours for me)
    They have good English and were very responsive when I used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 4head

glog wrote: »
    You can ring roboexpert.de or use their online query tool.
    Tell them the story and I'm pretty sure they can arrange it.
    (note: They only accept bank transfer, but this only took hours for me)
    They have good English and were very responsive when I used them.

Thanks glog, see a reply today from roboexpert.co.uk Basically they are saying that they are currently working out the issues relating to closed borders due to virus mutation coupled with brexit. They said the German site was suffering the same issues. Makes sense and would explain why the .de site is currently only dealing with Germany. TBF I'm not overly surprised given the current climate. I think I will calm down a little and sit back and watch developments and hope there will be deals to be had over the coming months. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Thanks glog, see a reply today from roboexpert.co.uk Basically they are saying that they are currently working out the issues relating to closed borders due to virus mutation coupled with brexit. They said the German site was suffering the same issues. Makes sense and would explain why the .de site is currently only dealing with Germany. TBF I'm not overly surprised given the current climate. I think I will calm down a little and sit back and watch developments and hope there will be deals to be had over the coming months. Thanks again.

You could go for a mail forwarding company similar to AddressPal or ParcelMotel in Germany. I have never used one myself but maybe others have suggestions? I saw mailbox.de is not accepting new customers at the moment due to them being overloaded or something but you might find something similar.

Thanx for that. Seen the issue with mailbox.de alright. A quick search has shown up a company called mygermany.com that looks promising, has anyone used them? Ill dig a bit deeper although i suspect there will be similar issues with all carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dodgerooni

Hi lads, so I took my 430x out from hibernation on Monday and set if off around the garden cutting away for a few hours and all went well. However now for the last two days, I have a big problem.

The 430x charges to 100% and then goes out to cut, however as soon as the battery drops to 95% it goes back in to charge. It stays in the station for about 2 hours and then out it comes again, cuts for 10 mins until battery drops to 95% and back in it goes. Has anyone every had a problem like this before?

The machine is only a year old and I had it stored indoors for the Winter so I know that the battery is still strong.

I asked their advice group online, and they said it was some battery problem and to try a factory reset, and if that doesn't work bring to the local dealer. I was just wondering if anyone on here had some advice before I try the factory reset. All opinions appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭odoliam

Great thread with real info. Well done all. I have finalised my auto mower plans largely due to this thread. Was looking at husky to get to 2 lawns seperated by drive. Too risky due to potential car impact therefore settled on 2 mowers, 1 for each lawn both under 300m2.

Decided i would look at other cheaper options such as worx, gardena, mcculloch etc.

Great bargains online at roboexpert.de and amazon.de. Husky 105 on roboexpert for €700 however, they wont allow me to enter irish address. Any work around anyone aware of?
    Roboexpert.co.uk has same deal but see 20% vat therefore it appears to be out of uk and im worried about customs/excise. Any advice appreciated.

Money burning a hole in pocket so looked at worx landroid on amazon.de but they wont deliver to my irish address. As far as i can figure this is due to battery delivery being problematic.

I have emailed all 3 mentioned lastnight but nothing yet. Damn brexit! Sorry for long post but any useful advice much appreciated.

I purchased 2x 500m2 Worx Landroid from:
    myrobotcenter.eu/en/
    So far so good. no complaints other than the real set-up time takes a few weeks to iron out all the boundary wire wrinkles e.g. rain brings new challenges of getting stuck in spots so have to flatten ground or re-route wire

Website has good offers often enough - I got them both for ~€1100 all in
    I then installed some spring time no-cut loops too to avoid the bulbs when they were growing that I can switch off in late spring

odoliam wrote: »
    I purchased 2x 500m2 Worx Landroid from:
    myrobotcenter.eu/en/
    So far so good. no complaints other than the real set-up time takes a few weeks to iron out all the boundary wire wrinkles e.g. rain brings new challenges of getting stuck in spots so have to flatten ground or re-route wire

Website has good offers often enough - I got them both for ~€1100 all in
    I then installed some spring time no-cut loops too to avoid the bulbs when they were growing that I can switch off in late spring

Thanks Odoliam, I couldn't see them at that price, you done well.
    I have just ordered the husky 105 from roboexpert.de and I am using Mygermany.com as the German forwarding address. should cost 30-40 yoyos for the service. The mower was 680 and I went for the medium install kit for 120. Hopefully all in for €840. Not in a mad hurry but hopefully all will arrive in good time. I've just gone for 1 bot for now with a view to ookin for a bargain in the coming months when I get this baby set up. Now to get the lawn ready!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

Still have this available, unopened, in original packaging if anyone is interested.
    glog wrote: »
    I have a brand new Husky 430X Charging station complete with transformer, 10m cable and anchor bolts which is surplus to my requirements.
    It is unopened, in original packaging - Cork area.
    PM me if it you are in the market for this.
    Cheers,
    gLo

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

Thanks for the info 4head - interesting route which I am considering myself so would love your feedback whenever you do receive the device.

Also does anyone know how the Husq warranty would work - in the event of a problem would you need to send it back to Germany or will you be able to get help locally?

I have just ordered the husky 105 from roboexpert.de and I am using Mygermany.com as the German forwarding address. should cost 30-40 yoyos for the service. The mower was 680 and I went for the medium install kit for 120. Hopefully all in for €840. Not in a mad hurry but hopefully all will arrive in good time. I've just gone for 1 bot for now with a view to ookin for a bargain in the coming months when I get this baby set up. Now to get the lawn ready!!

I bought in mid-summer, so got a great deal
    Think they we're clearing 2020 models in prep for new years models
    Enjoy

• Advertisement

Re warranty, allegedly any husky agent is obliged to assist on behalf of husky. It has been covered previously in thread. Hopefully no issues as i wont look forward to that conversation with local dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Hi 4head - just querying did you have any issues with mygermany.com taking the consignment RE dimensions or price of contents? - looking to buy a Husq 450X from roboexpert.de and am running into the same difficulties as you

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭staples7

Re warranty, allegedly any husky agent is obliged to assist on behalf of husky. It has been covered previously in thread. Hopefully no issues as i wont look forward to that conversation with local dealer.

I can vouch for this. Bought from GPL Sweden. Local dealer sorted out a manufacturing issue first week I installed it. Even came to the house and their mileage was paid for. Top class. Covered for 2 years apparently.

Gickyk wrote: »
    Hi 4head - just querying did you have any issues with mygermany.com taking the consignment RE dimensions or price of contents? - looking to buy a Husq 450X from roboexpert.de and am running into the same difficulties as you
    Hi gickyk, mygermany website explains the setup and provides the german address when you register. Obviously, this is the address you use on robexpert site and it was accepted and paid via paypal. I got an email telling me its been dispatched to mygermany address but i havent heard from them yet despite anxiously checking email hourly. Tbf it is the weekend and only dispatched yesterday.
    To be clear, i am not yet in a position to recommend this route or mygermany but i did research and their reviews were largely good. Before i registered it gives option to input size and weight of package to get approximate cost. The lithium batteries are also an issue for some carriers so they advise you to notify them of such ackages which i have done.
    It is a bit of a gamble but hopefully it will work out. I will post when it arrives....or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Hi,
    Am looking at a robotic mower to cut about 1200 m2
    Chatting a local dealer for robomow.
    Mower has no problem to cut all except there is one strip 40m along the border that ranges from 1.5m down to 0.4m wide
    He says the robot will cut it but will eventually kill the motors due to the constant hit wire reverse turn so it will zig zag the 40m and over time kill it.
    Has anyone a similar strip, any issues, what machine you using?
    Anyone hear of Kress mowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Blowheads wrote:
    Hi, Am looking at a robotic mower to cut about 1200 m2 Chatting a local dealer for robomow. Mower has no problem to cut all except there is one strip 40m along the border that ranges from 1.5m down to 0.4m wide He says the robot will cut it but will eventually kill the motors due to the constant hit wire reverse turn so it will zig zag the 40m and over time kill it. Has anyone a similar strip, any issues, what machine you using? Anyone hear of Kress mowers?

Can you do something else with that strip, plant, trees, wildflowers...instead of battling it

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Shaunoc wrote: »
    Can you do something else with that strip, plant, trees, wildflowers...instead of battling it

Not really, I'd end up having to carry the unit to the "island" which defeats the purpose really
    Or get a second unit which is more cost plus the landscaping. One section is about 2m wide between the garage and hedge so not sure I'd want to fill that in

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Killian8690

Hi gickyk, mygermany website explains the setup and provides the german address when you register. Obviously, this is the address you use on robexpert site and it was accepted and paid via paypal. I got an email telling me its been dispatched to mygermany address but i havent heard from them yet despite anxiously checking email hourly. Tbf it is the weekend and only dispatched yesterday.
    To be clear, i am not yet in a position to recommend this route or mygermany but i did research and their reviews were largely good. Before i registered it gives option to input size and weight of package to get approximate cost. The lithium batteries are also an issue for some carriers so they advise you to notify them of such ackages which i have done.
    It is a bit of a gamble but hopefully it will work out. I will post when it arrives....or not!

Hi 4head,
    I'm pretty much set on buying a landroid on amazon.de and possibly using mygermany.com. Happy to pay €30-40 for delivery but slightly concerned about how mygermany will deal with lithium battery.

Have you got your delivery yet? Any issue with mygermany and the lithium battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Hi 4head,
    I'm pretty much set on buying a landroid on amazon.de and possibly using mygermany.com. Happy to pay €30-40 for delivery but slightly concerned about how mygermany will deal with lithium battery.

Have you got your delivery yet? Any issue with mygermany and the lithium battery?

Hi Killian8690 I saw on the myGermany website that any contained batteries under 100 Wh are fine to come to Ireland. The 450x is 90wh so I didn't query this with them. I went ahead and ordered and am at the consolidation stage with myGermany at the minute. I have a query regarding the weight of all my items, (added installation kit) they don't seem to work weekends so am being patient. 4head is a few days ahead of me, hopefully, he can give you more info than me!

Gickyk wrote: »
    Hi Killian8690 I saw on the myGermany website that any contained batteries under 100 Wh are fine to come to Ireland. The 450x is 90wh so I didn't query this with them. I went ahead and ordered and am at the consolidation stage with myGermany at the minute. I have a query regarding the weight of all my items, (added installation kit) they don't seem to work weekends so am being patient. 4head is a few days ahead of me, hopefully, he can give you more info than me!

Hi Guys, so the mower has arrived and appears undamaged. I haven't ran it yet as the weather is truly godawful for that craic.

During my research of Mygermany, I had estimated the weight and size of parcel at 10kg which I was thinking would cost me 4o-50 euro. However, I got a nasty shock as the actual weight was 19 kg and the cost was €200!!! A lot of my saving gone right there. My options were to kick up on price but they had my parcel and I had already paid Roboexpert €800. My bad that I didn't factor in enough for the base station and install kit in the overall weight. I could also have explored returning the goods but I wanted it so I bit the bullet and paid.

When estimating the cost, from memory, the cheapest carrier were UPS but I believe they may have issues with the batteries so Fedex was the cheapest option when the goods had actually been weighed and checked in at mygermany.

Total cost of €1000 and the delivery was actually quicker than I thought, about 10 days from ordering.

In conclusion, this was as much about my mental health during lockdown, managing after brexit and the virus mutations with the knock on effects on border checks. It's still winter and my garden will need to be significantly altered with new seeding etc but I knda had to have the mower as I'm sure a number of you will appreciate!! At best I may have saved 2-300 euro, at worst I have financially broken even but any goodwill is lost with local supplier should issues arise.

No issues with mygermany or roboexpert but perhaps its best to get definitive weight from supplier and definitive price from mygermany although that may prove difficult in current climate as they are busy busy.

I will set it up in a reduced garden area over the coming weeks and continue to alter the garden with a view to extending its range in due course.

Hope this is helpful and I look forward to hearing how ye get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ccmp

HI , i have a Honda Miimo hrm 520. I'm having issues with the tilt sensor.
    My local dealer doesn't have the software.
    Does anyone here have one of the Miimo models or know of a dealer with knowledge of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Am committed to getting a robot mower now – just ordered 500m of 3.4mm wire from Genisys!

Now to make final decision on what mower to get. Am leaning towards Ambrogio brand based on reviews, build quality and local dealer.
    My lawn is 2200m2. Ambrogio do the 4.0 Basic Premium spec’d at 2200m2 and the L250i spec’d at 3200m2.
    Just wondering if there is any need to over-size the unit? Personally I don’t see a reason to.
    The 4.0 model has a bigger battery and is a newer, more robust design and is slightly cheaper than the L250i
    Is anyone working their mower close to its spec’d max or anyone got the 4.0 Basic?
    Thanks.

Old Jim wrote: »
    Am committed to getting a robot mower now – just ordered 500m of 3.4mm wire from Genisys!

Now to make final decision on what mower to get. Am leaning towards Ambrogio brand based on reviews, build quality and local dealer.
    My lawn is 2200m2. Ambrogio do the 4.0 Basic Premium spec’d at 2200m2 and the L250i spec’d at 3200m2.
    Just wondering if there is any need to over-size the unit? Personally I don’t see a reason to.
    The 4.0 model has a bigger battery and is a newer, more robust design and is slightly cheaper than the L250i
    Is anyone working their mower close to its spec’d max or anyone got the 4.0 Basic?
    Thanks.

Can't comment on Ambrogio as I have Worx

From my research, over-sizing is typically done to reduce overall cutting time.
    The mower with the bigger battery has less recharge cycles per full cut.

This can mean a full cut is done in 2-3 days per week or an every day cut need to achieve 1 full cut (just estimating with these numbers, but you get the point)

I got 2x 500m2 Landroids for 2x ~400m2 lawns. They go out daily, so am thinking of a battery upgrade (very easy on the Landroids :) )

So, if you can afford the upgrade, I'd say go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

Thanks.
    What kind of price is the basic model coming in at?

Anyone come across this site befire?
    https://northxsouth.ie/products/mcculloch-rob600-robot-lawn-mower-by-husqvarna-600m

Seems too good to be true.

Leaning towards a Stihl imow 422.o in any case.
    Had planned to get one last year but put it off, determined to get one soon. Getting tarmac laid on the drives in a few weeks so will run a cable to where the base will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJ O Malley

Hi Jim. I have an Ambrogio L250i. Our lawn is about 3200 and it's just about able to keep ontop of it, cutting a couple of cycles per day. I'd say over-sizing by 10 or 20% makes complete sense, especially considering the battery will become less efficient over time.

Cheers
    John

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

paulbok wrote: »
    Anyone come across this site befire?
    https://northxsouth.ie/products/mcculloch-rob600-robot-lawn-mower-by-husqvarna-600m

Seems too good to be true.

Leaning towards a Stihl imow 422.o in any case.
    Had planned to get one last year but put it off, determined to get one soon. Getting tarmac laid on the drives in a few weeks so will run a cable to where the base will go.

They seem to be a Euronics place in Ballymoney. Looks fairly legit but I'd ring the NI shop to be sure. They're selling it for £650 on the .co.uk website.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

paulbok wrote: »
    What kind of price is the basic model coming in at?

Didn't get a price on the Basic model. Ambrogio appear to have created a new line of equivalent robots with reduced features
    https://www.techlinerobots.com/en

Didn't get a price on the Basic model. Ambrogio appear to have created a new line of equivalent robots with reduced features
    https://www.techlinerobots.com/en

That robomow. De site has them, pricey enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Bedouin79

Thanks.

Got an Ambrogio last September elite+. So far so good been in hibernation since Christmas. Can’t wait to get it back on the lawn. Any questions shoot away.

Advertisement