Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime in Ballinteer

Options
  • 20-05-2014 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi All

there was four lads walking through Broadford in Ballinteer last night in the early hours around 4am checking cars and opening them. I dont suppose anyone came across them? They had our car open and ran off when disturbed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84060901 found a thread from last year regarding crime in the area. Interested to see if there is much crime going on at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

What did the Garda say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭jimmer123

Think they sent a car up but I am not sure. I rang them this morning out of interest and I was asked to ring later when the Gardai involved are in as the person I spoke to did'nt know what happened. No arrests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I happen on this thread as I was looking to see if there was a Neighbourhood Watch thread like the Dublin 15 one.

Would there be much of a demand for one I wonder? Ballinteer or Dublin 16?

It would bring incidents like this to any subscribers attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Interesting to come across this thread, they must be doing a few estates in the area. Ludford was done this week, obviously they were walking around the estate and checking all the cars to see if they were left open and stealing everything from inside any cars that were not locked.left the doors open afterwards, obviously didnt want to be heard closing a car door.

sounds a bit stupid to say but LOCK YOU CARS!

I think a Crimewatch in Ballinteer/Dundrum thread would be fantastic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Funkfield wrote: »
    I happen on this thread as I was looking to see if there was a Neighbourhood Watch thread like the Dublin 15 one.

Would there be much of a demand for one I wonder? Ballinteer or Dublin 16?

It would bring incidents like this to any subscribers attention.

When crime watch first came out there was strong support and uptake in parts of Ballinteer. With people moving on and new people arriving it most likely died a gradual death. One of the residents associations were very good in alerting people to break-ins and such, not sure if they still do though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭jimmer123

Guess who I spotted yesterday :D two of the crew. Wish I could be a bold boy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

I completely phrased what I was saying wrong and may have confused things, I think, as suggested by funkfield, a neighbourhood watch thread would be a good idea. I know there is crimewatch in the area and I know that even still some residents assocaitons are excellent at giving updates but this can be on a quaterly basis so a thread would be really good.

Advertisement