Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congested line

Options
  • 20-05-2014 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Getting about 3Mbps download with Eircom then went to change from eircom to UPC but they (Eircom) told me i was on a congested line and no other provider would give me better speeds than they could. Is this true or are they just saying this so i wont switch. Living in South Roscommon and dosent look like we'll be getting efibre anytime soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are you close enough to Athlone to get UPC? You do realise that they are a cable company and they do not use Eircom phone lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Eircom are just telling lies, UPC lines are different than Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

coylemj wrote: »
    Are you close enough to Athlone to get UPC? You do realise that they are a cable company and they do not use Eircom phone lines?

Yes just on the outskirts of Athlone.

Ah i see might sign up tonight so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Joemcn95 wrote: »
    Yes just on the outskirts of Athlone.

Ah i see might sign up tonight so.

Move the landline as well, you can keep your number. Do not talk to Eircom again if you decide to move, other than to close the account, you do not need their permission to keep your number, UPC will look after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

coylemj wrote: »
    Move the landline as well, you can keep your number. Do not talk to Eircom again if you decide to move, other than to close the account, you do not need their permission to keep your number, UPC will look after it.

+1 to this. I hate this "oh your line is congested" business. Fix it, you bums. :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement