Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Steamer

• 20-05-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a standalone milk steamer either an electric one or a stove top type job?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Do you have experience with this one? How long does it take to froth the milk?

I'm looking really for a standalone steamer. Surprised there isn't any readily available. Mustn't be a market for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I have a Bodum milk frothier which looks like a small plunge pot. It has a gauze filter rather than a metal one. You heat the milk in the microwave and rapidly plunge a few times which froths the milk. It works pretty well!

I've just googled it and widely available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Rosahane wrote: »
    I have a Bodum milk frothier which looks like a small plunge pot. It has a gauze filter rather than a metal one. You heat the milk in the microwave and rapidly plunge a few times which froths the milk. It works pretty well!

I've just googled it and widely available.

Thanks for that it's not really what I'm looking for though. I'm looking to make micro foam like with the streaming wand from a good espresso machine only I don't need the coffee maker. I've found stand alone units online in America but the prices are crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

The Scratcher, Rosahane posted some great advice. I use this method and you can get some excellent microfoam from it at such a great price. Try it with a single cup cafetiere.
    Keep the plunger down low in the glass to get microfoam, up high produces larger foam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I recommend an Aeroccino... It'll froth and make hot or cold milk for lattes' or cappuccinos'. Simple device and works quickly...

I know that many here are dismissive of anything Nespresso, but this device is actually great.

http://www.nespresso-us.com/machines/aeroccino-3/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I recommend an Aeroccino... It'll froth and make hot or cold milk for lattes' or cappuccinos'. Simple device and works quickly...

I know that many here are dismissive of anything Nespresso, but this device is actually great.

http://www.nespresso-us.com/machines/aeroccino-3/

The aerocinos have a high failure rate,I'd one that died after 10 months.
    The hostess milk frother linked above is cheaper, more reliable, works equally well plus you can put the jug part in the dishwasher.

Advertisement