Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams

• 20-05-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help me please. I had such a weird dream last night. I dreamt that I was looking up to the sky, which was very cloudy, when the clouds began to part ever so slightly and the brightest sun shone out. This, to me, was the heavens opening! Next thing there was a huge hand appeared in the sky, big chunky fingers were outstretched although the middle finger appeared to be tucked back into the hand. I can vaguely either remember laughing or cryin (I know a big difference but not sure which).

I am not a deeply religious person and I have struggled with my belief since I lost both my parents in my early 20's a loss which I can't get over and I now in my early 30's! Maybe this doesn't mean anything but any help would be greatly appreciated as it's been really bothering me. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Maybe it's just someone reaching out, saying something like, we're still here, we have not forgotten you. Don't give up hope.
    Just because we give up on god, doesn't mean god gives up on us.
    Trust your gut to know what the dream meant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭///3power

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how tough something like that would be. Though things can always be worse. At least your house wasn't bombed and you weren't forced to pick up what was left of your entire family, all alone as an 11 or 12 year old boy. Things can always be worse.

Still, how badly loss affects us is subject to the individual, so my heart goes out to you because personally growing up, losing my parents was my biggest fear. I used to worry about my parents dying all the time. It terrified me. I'd cry if my Dad was late home from work. The stresses of childhood.

Thankfully, now things are different. Now i understand the truth of this life. The apparent injustice of the world; is only temporary.

Not to attempt to revert you to my religion but allow me to explain what i know about dreams, from what i've learnt through my religion. In order to maybe give you a better understanding of what your dream might have meant to you.

The last prophet sent by the God of Jesus, Moses, Isaac, Ishmael and Abraham (peace and blessings be upon them all), has told us that dreams are 1 of 46 parts of prophethood, that normal people can experience..

There are some ground rules to dream interpretation, and they are as follows:

1. False dreams. If the dream scared you, it is generally considered to be from an evil source, and should be disregarded and not spoken of to anyone. This is to ensure that any evil beings around you don't get any satisfaction of seeing you upset or worried.

2. a) Direct true dreams, that show future events exactly as they happen.
    2. b) Indirect true dreams, that show events that need interpretation.

3. True dreams are short and concise.

4. If your dream makes no sense and is all over the place, it can be a sign that your spiritually lost.

5. Repetitive dreams can be a sign of their truth.

I'm not qualified to interpret your dream. There's many more details to research, if you want just search "Islamic dream interpretation" for more information on what one set of beliefs offer about knowledge on dreams.

i must reiterate though, this is not me protesyling (or what ever you call it).

but you might get a better idea yourself if you look up some info on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

Hi Conois
    This dream seems to be a reflection of yourself, the clouds are representing your sadness, the light coming through the clouds is your own love and light that is still beneath the sadness, the hand with a finger pointing back is telling you the light/love is still within you. This dream is about responsibility, it's you that is carrying the sadness of past events that is effecting your NOW and it is only you who can move on or "get over it " as you say.

Personally I don't think we "get over" the big stuff that hits us in life, we learn and grow (or not), and move on with life, what we are learning about is ourselves and our ability to produce various feelings and emotions in various situations, and we also learn that we have choice about our feelings, the choices we make determine whether we grow (move on) or not.

I also believe/know that we all have spirit guides and angels guiding us home (back to the spirit beings that we are) and they use our dreams as well as our waking time to get messages to us.

What brought you to this forum...Spirituality... I would suggest you where guided to it. You cannot go home (to spirit) if you are full of sadness..your dream is guiding you to the light that is within you, no amount of sadness can extinguish this light.

Happy Every Day
    Paul

Advertisement