Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower Problem

• 20-05-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have a castlegarden twin cut lawnmower. I loaned it at the weekend and when I went to use it last night and the sounder that should only sound when the box is full of grass goes off every 20 secs.

Even if you are not cutting, just sitting with the blades going it will go off after 20 secs. Does anyone know why this would be happening, very annoying.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

clogged with damp grass? every problem on our mower is caused by damp grass, wont rev, wont cut, wont start, sounds funny etc etc :P all damp clotted grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

dont know if this is the right place to askk tbh..unless you want to replace the engine with a V8 or V12...Home and Garden may be better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,415 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Check out the little switch that operates the sounder. It should be located around the grass box somewhere. Its probably messed up with grass as said above.

I wouldnt be giving my mower out on loan to anyone. Fools game. If they cant afford to buy a small mower, they cant afford to fix yours if they damage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gjb

I will check tonight for damp grass etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10 moranb2

Hi, sorry to jump in but might be related. i recently purchased a second hand castlegarden (15.5 bhp XJ 160). there is on light on dash that doesnt go off just wondering if anyone can tell me what this indicates? dont think it was on when i got it but came one within first outing. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I thought this thread was about a moped :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

moranb2 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry to jump in but might be related. i recently purchased a second hand castlegarden (15.5 bhp XJ 160). there is on light on dash that doesnt go off just wondering if anyone can tell me what this indicates? dont think it was on when i got it but came one within first outing. thanks

I'd say take a picture of the light and post it here. Some just have an ignition light that just stays red as long as the key is set to the on position. That's probably what it is if it's just a timy round light. If it's a bigger square light then it could be on for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Well la di da with ye're ride on lawnmowers! Briggs and Stratton push all the way :cool:

Thanks bpmull, I'll take a pic this evening. Only a small led light, only one on dash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

You'll never get it through the NCT with a light on the dash. Best get it sorted.

• Advertisement

Bpmull, Boards not allowing pics anymore. Hopefully you are right. I'll keep searching Internet for manual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭Fat Nav

Bpmull, Boards not allowing pics anymore. Hopefully you are right. I'll keep searching Internet for manual

Google "doyles group" in Kilkenny , they are the irish distributors for that
    tractor mower. They will give you a manual for it if you give them a buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Is it a small yellow light? The fathers castlegarden has a small yellow one that as bpmull says is always on when the key is in anything other than the off position.

With the sounder his was the same. I eventually just disconnected it.

Advertisement