Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEC Samples

• 20-05-2014 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Are the SEC samples any good? I heard that for Maths that it would be a good idea to focus on them, not EDCOs samples. Also, whats with the History SEC Sample? I have the educate papers and the Document Question is on Katanga, like lasts years one instead of being the Anglo-Irish Treaty..... Shouldn't the sample be a sample of this years exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

Yes that's what your exam will be based on. You'd probably find the SEC samples a bit easier than the EDCO or Educate samples as the companies make up questions and sometimes they not a true reflection of the actual exam so focus on SEC samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Are the SEC samples any good? I heard that for Maths that it would be a good idea to focus on them, not EDCOs samples. Also, whats with the History SEC Sample? I have the educate papers and the Document Question is on Katanga, like lasts years one instead of being the Anglo-Irish Treaty..... Shouldn't the sample be a sample of this years exam?
    The History sample was for 2006, the year when the new course was introduced. The Document for that year was obviously for whole post-colonial topic.

All sample papers are for when the course was changed. In a couple of years the History sample paper wont be included with the History papers - because there will be enough of a back catalogue.

Anyway, I haven't done any questions from the sample yet, but maybe I will if I run out of other easy essays to do.

Advertisement