Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUNIOR CERT MUSIC HELP????

Options
  • 20-05-2014 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

When I was supposed to do my JC music practical I missed it because I was in hospital. Now I missed the second chance to do it again due to being sick. I'm honestly really disappointed because music is one of my favourite subjects and i was looking forward to doing my practical. I was supposed to sing four songs and I know im down 25% of my exam but its out of my control. :(
    I would just like somes tips for the actual exam to help me. I really don't get dictation which will be a struggle on the day. Does anyone know some sites that can help with studying for the exam??? It would be a great help and some tips on what i study focus on too would be a guide to getting a better result in my situation. thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is there no chance to arrange a third time?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 missdons

no i don't think so

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ask and see. If you have a medical note for the alternative date and were in hospital for the original one, I think there is a small possibility you might be able to do something. No harm asking your school's Examinations Secretary to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rebCIA007

Diction comes with practice. One thing you can improve on is composition, try to get a sequence in the first two bars, deffinitely a crochet quavor pattern, end on a lond doh note, never forget the phrasing, my teacher also says that putting directions like mp< f>p make it seem more profesional , don't make it too crazy. General study, have two pieces (2 essays) preperred in advance and just learn them off, choice works/songs unfortunately have to be learned off (melodic, rhytrhmic features, time sig, tempo, key, mood etc) learn your main keys both in treble and bass cleff, be fimiliar with main questions asked on irish music, instruments, types of dances+their time signatures and most common rhythmic patterns, know 2 famous performers for each instrument (fiddle, boadharan and uileann pipes will do i'd say) an essay on an irish band (we did the dubliners), collectors, harp festival... its mostly leaarning off so id say you'll do well if you care :) also remember about triads!

Advertisement