Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer outside Dublin

Options
  • 20-05-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi - on almost 30k a year - single applicant nearing my 40th year - have seen a house for €125k which I know there's been a bid in for €100k on so im hoping to get a mortgage for that amount as I have about 10/11k in savings & an excellent credit history no credit cards or loans etc
    I've been renting local authority for 11yrs at almost €400 a month & out of my salary I am managing to save regularly every single month up to €400 but never less than €250/€300 per month
    I have one child they are in 3rd level & getting the grant for them which covered fees & accomodation costs & they have a part-time job which more or less covers the rest so I'm wondering
    a) what kind of a candidate am I? will i be sucessful
    b) should I go direct to the bank or should I go to a broker
    c) will my child be seen as a dependant
    d) will my age affect things

Thanks in advance
    Sally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

a) Looks okay, I think you might get stung by how much you'll get approved for though. I don't see the approval being for much more than 100k-110k.
    b) I'd recommend a broker
    c) If they're living/will be living with you, yes, if they're not, no.
    d) Age matters for all mortgages, but you'd still be able to get a 25 year term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sallyger

thanks Eldarion Id be delighted with 110k :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Good luck with the mortgage application sallyger! Would a agree about using broker - have you heard of Killers1 here in the Property & Accommodation forum. He's broker and very well regarded from testimonials posted here - suggest you private message him with details etc . Also don't limit yourself to considering just one property, decide what your priorities are for your prospective new home in terms of location, size, access to your work and services, garden etc . Get your mortgage approval and limit sorted first and then have a look around ! Best of luck and feel free to post any queries in this forum. Plenty of good advice from knowledgeable people available here in these threads as I have found out myself !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sallyger

Thanks Woodville - definitely need to get all the advice out there - seen killers1 popping up on a few forums seems the way to go
    thanks again
    fingers crossed :)

Advertisement