Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun herbs & plants to grow in Ireland [HELP!]

• 20-05-2014 4:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hello,

May you please suggest some herbs,plants,etc that I may grow that I can then in turn use.

So far on the listCOLOR=Indigo]+[/COLOR St.John's Wort
    COLOR=Indigo]+[/COLOR Chamomile
    COLOR=Indigo]+[/COLOR Mint / Lemon Balm
    COLOR=Indigo]+[/COLOR Mushrooms (for the cold's :D )

What else please?...

Something that's fun and really does something, and I do know in fact I won't relay on the herbs , of course not, but its just something fun to do. Its pretty fun, growing your own St.John's Wort and then making a cup of tea with it. And of course, only planting herbs/plants/etc that have been verifed over and over to have real effects.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Well the old Mary Jane is said to have a real effect and fun too I hear. :D
    Seriously are you looking to grow plants for their medicinal properties or for the fun of having a collection of medicinal plants? Because the weeds are some of the traditional medicinal plants, nettles, dandelion, Fraochán, Burdock, Red Clover and such all have uses as treatments.
    Oh and be careful, a lot of these remedies are toxic in high doses not to mention the fact that the ones that do have a real effect can work with prescribed medication to a bad effect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmehhh

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Well the old Mary Jane is said to have a real effect and fun too I hear. :D
    Seriously are you looking to grow plants for their medicinal properties or for the fun of having a collection of medicinal plants? Because the weeds are some of the traditional medicinal plants, nettles, dandelion, Fraochán, Burdock, Red Clover and such all have uses as treatments.
    Oh and be careful, a lot of these remedies are toxic in high doses not to mention the fact that the ones that do have a real effect can work with prescribed medication to a bad effect.

Hello good Sir,

Yes, I would like to take them orally for its effects, but not stuff such as nettles,etc... more stronger stuff.

E.G:
    St.John's Wort
    Morning Glory
    etc ...

Thank You.
    Oh yes, and regarding the toxic stuff, I always research the plant, and even time before use the amount of mg,etc,etc,etc.

thank you.

Advertisement