Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-resident landlord - water charges question

Options
  • 20-05-2014 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi there,

I left Ireland a number of years ago so a little out of touch. There is water charges coming in soon. Is there anything required from me as a landlord to set this up on rented properties?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi there,

I left Ireland a number of years ago so a little out of touch. There is water charges coming in soon. Is there anything required from me as a landlord to set this up on rented properties?

Thanks

It hasn't been announced yet, however it is a consumption charge- so by rights the tenant is liable for charge, not you. You are of course liable for the Property tax associated with the property. Apparently all will become clearer in due course, we just have to wait to see how it'll work.

First bills aren't due until early next January (for water consumed in the previous quarter).

Advertisement