Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Paperweight

Options
  • 20-05-2014 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all

A couple of months ago I decided it was time to upgrade my phone and so I began the search for a new handset
    Having a limited budget I either had to choose a low end device or go for a used model, I decided to go for a used model and began my bargain hunt, I eventually found what I was looking for and a few days later my brand spanking new(well new to me) phone came in the post,I immediately threw my SIM into it an started to play with my new toy.

It was locked to Vodafone but since that is my network anyway that was not a problem, Everything was fine for about 2 months when suddenly out of the blue it started playing up and I couldnt make or receive calls. I tried all the usual solutions and eventually contacted VF who to my surprise told me the phone was barred and I had to contact the seller. Needless to say I was not happy and when I went looking for the seller and realized his account was no longer there I was evene less happy.

So basically what I have right now is a mini tablet/expensive paperweight

So after some googling I discovered that Barred phones may work in other countries, so my question is can I sell it on Ebay to the UK and will it work fine there? I dont want to burn someone else.

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Leeman79 wrote: »
    Hi all

A couple of months ago I decided it was time to upgrade my phone and so I began the search for a new handset
    Having a limited budget I either had to choose a low end device or go for a used model, I decided to go for a used model and began my bargain hunt, I eventually found what I was looking for and a few days later my brand spanking new(well new to me) phone came in the post,I immediately threw my SIM into it an started to play with my new toy.

It was locked to Vodafone but since that is my network anyway that was not a problem, Everything was fine for about 2 months when suddenly out of the blue it started playing up and I couldnt make or receive calls. I tried all the usual solutions and eventually contacted VF who to my surprise told me the phone was barred and I had to contact the seller. Needless to say I was not happy and when I went looking for the seller and realized his account was no longer there I was evene less happy.

So basically what I have right now is a mini tablet/expensive paperweight

So after some googling I discovered that Barred phones may work in other countries, so my question is can I sell it on Ebay to the UK and will it work fine there? I dont want to burn someone else.

Thanks in advance for any help

It should work in the UK alright from what I know - a lot of stolen phones from here end up there...

Yeah if your network dropped chances are the phone is IMEI barred...

What type of phone is it?

Advertisement