Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gbb m4

• 20-05-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Alright lads , I'm thinking of buying a gbb m4 and I was wondering would any of ye be able to help ? Would anybody be able to tell me the best make of gbb , the best performance , the best reliability , and the best place to buy them !! Any help would be appricated , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Each make ticks a different box.
    G&P/ WA GBB m4s are a money pit but a very realistic, huge aftermarket parts, nice shooting/hard hitting recoil money pit. One of the top performers. Unless bought upgraded or with steel internals, these will fail fast.

WE are an out of the box functioning gun. Not as nice on externals as other companies but an open bolt or upgraded closed bolt will put a smile on your face. The accuracy on these wouldn't match competitors. Though with CO2 it has fierce kick. (mags are nigh on impossible to find for closed bolt. Unknown if the other companies are, but WE's parts are milspec compatible. So Amazon will get you real steel parts that will fit and function on these ones at a fraction of airsoft prices (sometimes)

KWA are nice on externals, good performers, more efficient than above but not as heavy a kick, decent accuracy but mags can be hard to find. No after market parts though

KJW Have the least amount of kick, although the onus here is that they're the most reliable and have least amount of work to put into to get it functioning. Compatible with some parts but wouldn't need it. Also comes with some reinforced from stock.

The more steel moving internals you have the more reliable.
    If you can pick one that you find can accept VSR cut barrels and hop up rubbers, you're laughing for accuracy.
    They almost all have 80% similar trigger/hammer group apart from a couple parts.
    The corners of bolts will wear and maybe make the bolt catch no longer function over time.
    If you have *Some money* but not enough to make a 1k-2k WOC M4 than perhaps go for a WE M4 and upgrade from there
    IF you just want to go bang bang thn buy a KWA
    If you want a gas m4 with little effort and just works go for KJW.

Youtube each of the brands I named above for more info. It really depends on your budget and the #1 criteria (Accuracy, ROF, Realism, Realiability. Because unfortunately each one ticks a different box with the other criteria being almost an after thought. To acquire all boxes ticked, you need €€€€)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Tony2589

I Armour I wrote: »
    Each make ticks a different box.
    G&P/ WA GBB m4s are a money pit but a very realistic, huge aftermarket parts, nice shooting/hard hitting recoil money pit. One of the top performers. Unless bought upgraded or with steel internals, these will fail fast.

WE are an out of the box functioning gun. Not as nice on externals as other companies but an open bolt or upgraded closed bolt will put a smile on your face. The accuracy on these wouldn't match competitors. Though with CO2 it has fierce kick. (mags are nigh on impossible to find for closed bolt. Unknown if the other companies are, but WE's parts are milspec compatible. So Amazon will get you real steel parts that will fit and function on these ones at a fraction of airsoft prices (sometimes)

KWA are nice on externals, good performers, more efficient than above but not as heavy a kick, decent accuracy but mags can be hard to find. No after market parts though

KJW Have the least amount of kick, although the onus here is that they're the most reliable and have least amount of work to put into to get it functioning. Compatible with some parts but wouldn't need it. Also comes with some reinforced from stock.

The more steel moving internals you have the more reliable.
    If you can pick one that you find can accept VSR cut barrels and hop up rubbers, you're laughing for accuracy.
    They almost all have 80% similar trigger/hammer group apart from a couple parts.
    The corners of bolts will wear and maybe make the bolt catch no longer function over time.
    If you have *Some money* but not enough to make a 1k-2k WOC M4 than perhaps go for a WE M4 and upgrade from there
    IF you just want to go bang bang thn buy a KWA
    If you want a gas m4 with little effort and just works go for KJW.

Youtube each of the brands I named above for more info. It really depends on your budget and the #1 criteria (Accuracy, ROF, Realism, Realiability. Because unfortunately each one ticks a different box with the other criteria being almost an after thought. To acquire all boxes ticked, you need €€€€)

Thanks a million for the help , really appriciate it !! I'll do more research and try make up my mind then !! Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

One quick thing to mention regards RS parts; you need to be aware of the joy that is ITAR. If you do not know what ITAR is and how it affects RS parts ordered from North America, you will very shortly after trying to order. Just be aware it isn't a free for all from Amazon.

Yeah just in case lemming. Good tip
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Traffic_in_Arms_Regulations

Real quick, any recommendations on where to order some steel RS parts, nothing major just like stock tubes, delta ring/barrel nuts? Nothing terribly flashy...?

Yeah just in case lemming. Good tip
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Traffic_in_Arms_Regulations

Real quick, any recommendations on where to order some steel RS parts, nothing major just like stock tubes, delta ring/barrel nuts? Nothing terribly flashy...?

I would look at some of the police/military oriented sites in Europe. Some smaller RS parts are not ITAR restricted so N.American sites will suffice - assuming that they are also willing to sell/ship international which we know not all are either out of ignorance or simply wanting an easy life.

TBH though; there are more than a few airsoft companies making decent enough after-market parts that unless you want something extremely specific and/or hard to get or as replacement for parts prone to breaking easily, the only reason for having RS parts is bragging rights.

ANd before anyone chips in and says "well what about magpul?" I dare you - I double dare you - to try ordering a RS magpul part like a stock or handguard and see how far you get before you hear the dreaded words "DSP-5 form"

• Advertisement

Ah right I see, nah just the delta ring/barrel nut/spring on my current M4 is rather wobbly and loose So I though perhaps a RS D ring would be grand since the receiver is milspec compatible. Baring mind I have no clue about AEG's/receivers and some companies for airsoft are expensive. I may just go for a free float rail or something. But thanks for the adivce as always Lemming :)

Ah right I see, nah just the delta ring/barrel nut/spring on my current M4 is rather wobbly and loose So I though perhaps a RS D ring would be grand since the receiver is milspec compatible. Baring mind I have no clue about AEG's/receivers and some companies for airsoft are expensive. I may just go for a free float rail or something. But thanks for the adivce as always Lemming :)

My first question would be to check whether or not the wobble is caused by an ill-fitting D-ring, or something else, like the reciever. Of course, some parts on RS are creaky/wobbly/etc. too from time to time and that's just the way it sometimes is.

A very good site for all things GBBR related is gasguns.info if you're unsure and not finding the answers you seek elsewhere.

Without trawling the net looking at GBBR after-market replacement parts, and off the top of my head, two RS-oriented sites based in the UK that sell sling mounts and the like:

And there's a dozen more easily found that I just can't be arsed checking. That's just for the UK; I'm sure there's more than a few on the continent also.

Well the barrel nut is right and no wobble, the d ring wobbles fiercely on the barrel nut and the spring tension is very very weak.

Brilliant thanks very much for the advice I'm certain of what fits just finding places to buy from can be a pain but thanks very much for the help.

To save tony from getting notifications and thread jacking, if I have any more questions can I pm you lemming?

Cheers for te advice. Great help!

Advertisement