Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to prepare for poetry on the leaving cert?

• 20-05-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I am currently in 5th year and my summer exams are coming up. I'm finding it pretty tough to study for prescribed poetry. Seeing as I don't know what the title of the essay will be or what poet will come up, I'm confused on how to study.

I'm just asking for people with prior experience for help. How can I study for an essay that I don't know the title for? How did you prepare for you Summer exams or Leaving cert? All help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

Learn quotes and key points about the themes and techniques of the poem. If you know these well you should be able to tackle most titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

As above, and practice writing answers to typical exam questions.

Advertisement