Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a 'Guaranteed Irish' equivalent for websites

• 20-05-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So with money be moved to this country or that for tax purposes, and sites being able to claim locality with great ease, is there any kind of body or group that looks at websites and confirms that they are supplying jobs or value to Ireland and not trying to move their earnings for tax avoidance reasons to other territories.

In particular I am buying books for college and would like to know that my money supports local economy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

zeusHey wrote: »
    In particular I am buying books for college and would like to know that my money supports local economy.

Try a local book shop maybe? Online trails are hard to hide, some sites with .ie addresses are not based here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zeusHey

Planning on doing that when I eventually am up in dublin, but would also be interested in there being one for when I am buying other items, be they for college or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If the site is an online version of a brick and mortor Irish store then you should be OK e.g. easons or kennys

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zeusHey

If the site is an online version of a brick and mortor Irish store then you should be OK e.g. easons or kennys

Yeah I was thinking that, thanks guys.

It's kind of silly, Enterprise Ireland is doing a lot of good work to bring in jobs and encourage companies to invest in Ireland.
    At the same time there doesn't seem to be near as much done to encourage Irish consumers to circulate their money within the country.

Advertisement