Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wristwatch

• 20-05-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

Any of you guys wear them on the bike?
    If I drive my bike for more than 3/4 of an hour and forget to move the body of the watch to the underside of my wrist, it digs in something woeful, forcing me to pull in and slide it around. I wear thick leather gloves, and the movement of the wrist pulling the clutch(on the bike) really digs it in. I can't wear a diver riding the bike, even on the underside of the wrist.
    I've thin wrists and was thinking of a really flat(thin), curved watch body with a fabric band. Any digitals you might recommend?
    €50 max
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I attached a pic of my watch in my glove. I never have any issues with it even with my wrist at an awkward angle.

Maybe my gloves are just very loose at the wrist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭gipi

Never noticed any problems myself, and I wear my watch on the right wrist. Maybe try switching your watch to the other wrist and see how it feels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Don't like wearing watches on bikes. Don't ask me why, I like watches but on a bike with the vibration and gloves and jackets its a pain.
    Fit one of these to the dash, or use your dashboard as a clock?

10034862_870_FR01_11.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Yea, with the gloves I have knox there's a screw down tightener that secures it to the wrist so it wont slip off when you hit the ground. I like to keep it tight and so the watch digs in. A reall slim watch might fit the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Don't like wearing watches on bikes. Don't ask me why, I like watches but on a bike with the vibration and gloves and jackets its a pain.
    Fit one of these to the dash, or use your dashboard as a clock?

10034862_870_FR01_11.JPG
    Yea cheers man. I have a clock on dash as it stands, its not so much the telling of the time thats the problem, but rather the watch digging into the wrist, to the extent that its uncomfortable. I had to pull in over the weekend to move it around, haha first world problems eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yea, with the gloves I have knox there's a screw down tightener that secures it to the wrist so it wont slip off when you hit the ground. I like to keep it tight and so the watch digs in. A reall slim watch might fit the bill.

Those gloves remind me of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I always wear a watch and have never had any issues with it being uncomfortable.

You're most likely wearing the gloves too tight where the watch is sitting. Losen the watch so it can sit higher on your arm, above where the glove is secured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I like thick cut watches and both of mine are a fat bezel. With leathers the cuff is narrow and if you wear an armoured glove the gauntlet is usually tight so it cuts you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Leather closed cuff gloves and a watch = pain... I lost my watch so I've nothing to complain about :(

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

i cannot do it, digs into my wrist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement