Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy postage supplies?

Options
  • 20-05-2014 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

I will be selling some items on eBay soon. I am wondering where you can buy postage supplies (cardboard boxes, bubble wrap etc). I will be sending with Parcel Motel.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

VG31 wrote: »
    I will be selling some items on eBay soon. I am wondering where you can buy postage supplies (cardboard boxes, bubble wrap etc). I will be sending with Parcel Motel.

Thanks.

Viking Direct have everything but often they are no cheaper than your local office shop. For that matter, you can buy most of what you want from eBay or Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭VG31

I looked at sites like Viking Direct but I do not want to buy in bulk. I also looked at eBay but postage for cardboard boxes seems to be quite expensive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

You can get all that stuff in Dealz

You can get all that stuff in Dealz

I looked at the Dealz website here http://www.dealz.ie/stationery-and-crafts/stationery/packing-and-mailing and they only show one size of box which is far too small. Do they have more in the stores?

In my Local Dealz they have the Large Boxes too, they only have the medium ones on the site

• Advertisement

By any chance do you know roughly what size they are? I need a box to fit an item measuring 36.2x32x29cm (LxWxH). Thanks for all the help. :)

I'm not sure sorry.

OK, thanks anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

You might be able to find some boxes or at least lots of cardboard in Lidl for free. If I ever need boxes for odd jobs like moving etc. I just get the left over packaging in Lidl. Obviously this might not suit just more a friendly tip than anything else! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Your local post office might have the boxes you need. My local post office sells a good range.They may be slightly more expensive but you do not have the hassle of buying in bulk etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stinicker wrote: »
    You might be able to find some boxes or at least lots of cardboard in Lidl for free.
    This goes for powercity too. I think they are obliged to take the packing these days.

In the early days of lidl I saw lots of foreigners leaving the packaging behind them, I don't see it happen these days. Like they would leave behind a cornflakes box and take the inner bag. Or leave boxes for electrical products.

If you know someone working in a manufacturing place or similar you might get some stuff free, or even email a few local businesses you think might have some, they could set it aside and you collect when suits both of you. In my work we have loads of various size boxes and all sorts of bubble wrap and foam stuff which sometimes gets reused but mainly is thrown away -at our expense. You could be doing places a favour.

Advertisement