Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evision multiroom reception issues

Options
  • 20-05-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Just a quick question re my Evision multiroom service...

I have the main evision box downstairs and the smaller box upstairs.
    There are no issues with the box downstairs, but the reception with my box upstairs is terrible.
    The picture freezes, becomes pixilated and the stops for anything from 2-10 seconds at a time..

This isnt a TV problem....its a reletively new TV.
    All of the cables are connected correctly.
    Is there something i can do to rectify the situation??

This is an ongoing issue which has been driving me nuts fir a couple of weeks now.

Any suggestions gratefully acknowledged.
    The wife is ready to shoot me if i dont get this sorted out sharpish.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Are you using wifi or powerline adapters?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

No idea JD,

Assume it's Wifi.........in fact the more I think about it, it has to be.
    Phone line comes in downstairs, and I've just got that massive plug-in-to-the-mains-evision-white -plug-thing upstairs

There's no problem with streaming netflix/youtube/internet - it's just the TV reception is brutal.
    Everything was fine for the first month or so, but now I just want to kill something everytime it freezes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

No idea JD,

Assume it's Wifi.........in fact the more I think about it, it has to be.
    Phone line comes in downstairs, and I've just got that massive plug-in-to-the-mains-evision-white -plug-thing upstairs

There's no problem with streaming netflix/youtube/internet - it's just the TV reception is brutal.
    Everything was fine for the first month or so, but now I just want to kill something everytime it freezes
    Hi birdwatcher

I have just had a look at this. If you have multi room service I would suggest giving technical support a call (1890 260 260 from 8am to 10pm each day) as it sounds like you need Home Plugs/ Power line adaptors to have this properly set up.

Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Hi Colm

Both boxes were installed by Eircom technician, with the recommended components.

Both plugs (upstairs and down) are Eircom E-vision plugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Colm

Both boxes were installed by Eircom technician, with the recommended components.

Both plugs (upstairs and down) are Eircom E-vision plugs.

Hi birdwatcher

It sounds to be the correct equipment in use however there must be something wrong somewhere - the best advice we can offer in relation to such issue is to report it to technical support - evision support can be contacted on 1890260260 but you might find it easier to reach them on web chat here: http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement