Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how much would u pay per email for email to trainer?

• 20-05-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Opinions plz

Ok.

I need help and guidance to lose weight. Got a voicemail from a trainer saying they would help me. Be online as in different counties. . It would mean i could email the trainer once a week to let them know how my week went. They would reply. Guide me in the direction i needed (if required) how much per week would people honestly pay for that? Ive got the figure but just wondered what ppl thought

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No offence, but I'd have no faith in a service like that, you could tell them what you want, and unless they wanted weekly measurements, they'd have no idea how you were doing.

And they could spout all sorts of bull.

You'd be better off reading the stickies on here and following the advice you've been given and saving the money up for a treat when you reach a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

From an objective point of view it reads like you'll be getting a generic email once a week.

I can't find one good reason for paying for that. There's enough in the stickies to educate yourself on the things you need to know to make the changes you want to make.

Hold onto your money and spend it on good food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭petals rocks1

15 euro for a saturday email

30 for 6 txts a week and one email

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

15 euro for a saturday email

30 for 6 txts a week and one email

If this was pitched in Dragons Den the guy would be laughed out the door. Crazy idea, only a fool would pay for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I would pay zero euro for that service

• Advertisement

Yeah thought it was a bit of a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭BearBanjer

"Push...harder! Go past the max! Reach over the top! Master your ass!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No need for it. Sure this forum can give essentially the same thing but we do it from the goodness of our hearts and not for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

If you can afford it I'd recommend a few sessions with a personal trainer. I mean no offence by this at all but you seem all at sea when it comes to nutrition and training. A good PT will asses your needs/goals and give you a program you can stick to. They also should talk to you about your diet. I think it's be a great investment in yourself. Maybe someone here could recommend a good PT for you. Where in Donegal are you based?

Thanks for reply. And no offence taken. I am all over shop about what i should ne eating. Think its because i tried every diet going.

Based in buncrana

Thanks so much
    If you can afford it I'd recommend a few sessions with a personal trainer. I mean no offence by this at all but you seem all at sea when it comes to nutrition and training. A good PT will asses your needs/goals and give you a program you can stick to. They also should talk to you about your diet. I think it's be a great investment in yourself. Maybe someone here could recommend a good PT for you. Where in Donegal are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

If it's just about information, you can get that on this board, or a hundred other places.

But that is not what it sounds like; it sounds like you are tired of figuring out what to do, and want someone to tell you what to do. Nothing wrong with that. If you can pay what he's charging, fine. If not, why not ask about negotiating the price. If you can, join a gym; most gyms will have personal trainers that can help you with a diet plan, will do measurements etc. for you, and be worth a lot more.

If you can't, how about buying a good diet book that will tell you what to do, and joining a on-line diet group, where you can discuss your progress etc. to receive the support part.

I've just starting juicing. Or as I call it "blending". As I am not removing the pulp. (It's cheaper.)

If you need to talk for motivation etc, drop me a private message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I am all over shop about what i should ne eating. Think its because i tried every diet going.

You don't have to do a diet, per se. 'Diets' are usually unsustainable.

Eating healthy food but monitoring it so that you're not eating above your TDEE is all that's needed.

If you do nothing else today, print off the Nutrition 101 sticky in its entirety and read it.

Advertisement