Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB account issue help

Options
  • 20-05-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi I'm with Permanent TSB
    I rang them today, I was avert lodge ing money into my account for my insurance, after I lodged it I checked on the app and I noticed a pending transaction, I rang them, from outside the bank to see was all ok and if I needed to put any more money in, turns out I bought something from sports direct the other day for 22 but they charged me 28 and 22 so the 22 went trough and the 28 was pending until the 22nd (ovb they made a mistake and we're not going for it) I rang permanent TSB on the phone and asked them about this and was advised of the above by a man called Dave, I asked him would my direct debit for today go trough and he advised me that it had went trough, my problem is now that I just checked online and my direct debit had failed and I have been charged a direct debit return fee of ten euros, this is going to cause me a lot of hassle and i want to know if anyone can tell me if the call I made today would have been recorded? I don't want them taking ten euros on me and also they caused my dd to fail even though Dave assured me it was going trough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 zool1974

There is a very good chance that the call was recorded for training purposes, etc but you might find it difficult to get the recording. I doubt the bank will help you to incriminate themselves. And depending what dept you are talking to, they can be no help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

zool1974 wrote: »
    There is a very good chance that the call was recorded for training purposes, etc but you might find it difficult to get the recording. I doubt the bank will help you to incriminate themselves. And depending what dept you are talking to, they can be no help at all.

Just because the direct debit "went through" doesn't mean it was paid.
    And this is exactly what happened.

To the OP:

Always check the available balance on the account to figure out how much to top-up to cover the bills. You might have a comeback, however, as it was Sports Direct who caused the problem in the first place. Speak to them and ask for a refund, if they don't accomodate you - dispute this transaction with the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement