Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 installation problem.

• 20-05-2014 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

Recently got a new mini ITX build and stupidly forgot to get a CD-drive with it, so I bought an external one from a local shop.

Tried to install win7 OEM version but it doesn't seem to start up. It goes straight to repair mode which doesn't repair it at all. I've entered the BIOS and swapped the boot order to USB-CD ROM and also CD ROM by itself, but still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2-760G mATX
    CPU: AMD fx6300
    Win7 home premium 64bit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Recently got a new mini ITX build and stupidly forgot to get a CD-drive with it, so I bought an external one from a local shop.

Tried to install win7 OEM version but it doesn't seem to start up. It goes straight to repair mode which doesn't repair it at all. I've entered the BIOS and swapped the boot order to USB-CD ROM and also CD ROM by itself, but still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2-760G mATX
    CPU: AMD fx6300
    Win7 home premium 64bit
    Are you sure the Windows 7 DVD is bootable? Where did you source it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

advertsfox wrote: »
    Are you sure the Windows 7 DVD is bootable? Where did you source it?

It's an OEM version from hardwareversand.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

To rule out a CD problem I found this little program great for making my usb stick bootable and put a copy on there. rufus.akeo.ie

Advertisement