Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of posts required for embedding url's and images

Options
  • 21-05-2014 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I have created my account circa 4 years ago, but haven't been very active.
    Now I decided I'd like to change that, but do I really need to spam out almost 50 new posts before I will be able to embed a single url/image? :(

Best,
    Michal

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Don't attempt to spam to 50, you'll just get yourself banned for spamming. But this was a necessary change to both stop spammers/spambots and other abusers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Greven

Ok, I see... I would like to ask an additional question.

There's a thread on the Martial Arts & Self Defence forum, where club owners can advertise their schools (So your looking for a club - LOOK HERE FIRST (NO CHAT) ). Several people posted url's of their club's websites there, even though they have far less than 50 posts on the boards. If you check the post from the 6th of March 2014, 'karatedublin' added a url to a website and it's his first post ever on boards.ie.
    Unfortunately as soon as I insert a url I am not allowed to submit the post anymore.

Do you know how were the other guys able to post website links?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

March was prior to the change, so there were no restrictions at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Greven

Spear wrote: »
    March was prior to the change, so there were no restrictions at that time.

Ok, thanks very much for explaining.

I guess it's extra incentive to become more active :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kyotokid

10 years here, I'll endeavour to post more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement