Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Protein v Whey Protein

• 21-05-2014 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Does anyone know the difference between milk and whey protein are they both not derived by from milk?

I bought 1.8kg of Kinetica - Prorelease and it has those two proteins and an egg protein,it says on the tub they are all released at different speeds Each protein is digested and absorbed at different rates to provide a sustained release blend. Whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate are fast digesting and contain high levels of protein and branched chain amino acids [BCAAs). Egg albumin protein is medium digesting and provides all the essential amino acids. Milk protein concentrate is a slow digesting protein that releases amino acids steadily into the body.

Hasanyone got some advice in this area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

CiscoDisco wrote: »
    Does anyone know the difference between milk and whey protein are they both not derived by from milk?

I bought 1.8kg of Kinetica - Prorelease and it has those two proteins and an egg protein,it says on the tub they are all released at different speeds Each protein is digested and absorbed at different rates to provide a sustained release blend. Whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate are fast digesting and contain high levels of protein and branched chain amino acids [BCAAs). Egg albumin protein is medium digesting and provides all o essential amino acids. Milk protein concentrate is a slow digesting protein that releases amino acids steadily into the body.

Hasanyone got some advice in this area?

I wouldn't be overly worried either way. There are obviously different kinds of protein but at the end of the day most of what is written on that box is marketing jargon designed to make you buy the product. In my mind, for all intents and purposes, unless you are an elite athlete, protein is protein and you shouldn't be overly worried about whether the protein you are getting in is "fast acting" whey or "slow acting" casein. That's just my 2c at any rate.

Advertisement